Cafe' Coffs Harbour, your Australian experience.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Come one come all, to Cafe' Coffs Harbour while the Flowerpot cafe' is undergoing reno's.
Spend Labour weekend enjoying the sights and sound of a Garden on the sunny North East Coast of of N.S.W, in Australia.
We may even squeeze in a tour of some of the sights in Coffs Harbour! (weather and time permitting)

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Hello! I always wanted to visit OZ! So Coffs Harbour sounds like great place to start.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

On arrival, You will be picked up in an Airconditioned vehicle, (100 degrees farenheit today) and driven 15km North of Coffs Harbour to a property of 2 & 1/2 acres close to the coast.
After a quick bite (cheese platter) and a glass of 'whatever you like', you can chillax around the pool, soaking up the sun.....

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

or you can sit in the shade and read a book while the gentle breeze ruffles your hair
*ruffle, ruffle*

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, I think sitting in the shade and relaxing sounds great after the long flight. I am sure to feel right at home too because that table and chair set looks exactly like the one in my side yard. A nice wine cooler and some fruit anad cheese ... paradise!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Well, just be careful on that chair! The whole set cost $50 and has lasted 5 years ($10 a year) but has now got quite a bit of rust, due to coastal living and a salt water pool!
I will be replacing it for xmas. (Hint, hint DH)

Merino, Australia

I'm coming on the trip. Anywhere warm will suit me. I may sit awhile in the sun but then I would like to explore every nursery within reach. I'll bring an empty suitcase for the treasures I can find. (plant treasures , that is)A nice cuppa and maybe an ice cream sundae with nuts, no cream, thank you.
You will have your hands full Sue. I see half of DG arriving for the sunshine. Jean

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

You paid about the same as I did for that set, also about 5 years ago. But mine was on a sheltered patio until this year so it is still sturdy. Guess I better bring it to the dry porch for the rainy season to keep it nice.

I am looking forward to your showing us around your garden and seeing what you can show of us the area.

Humansville, MO

ooo just in time for my vaction
what a surprize
i going to love to have my vaction here
elle

london England, United Kingdom

Hi Sue, Yay, I'm here at last! Thanks so much for organising the flying doctors to bring me here! This is just what the doctor ordered, a nice rest and sunshine.
Wow! the pool looks so inviting in the heat Sue, it's beautiful the way it sparkles.
Cant wait to have a propa look around, first I'll have a seat in the shade and cool off with something to drink. I'm loving it here already!!

Hi Jean, Zany and elle, nice to see you all here!
Jean, Where is Merino?, I don't see it on Sue's map, have you travelled a long way?

This message was edited Oct 4, 2008 9:49 PM

Merino, Australia

Hello Terri and everyone else here at Sues. Merino is in the southwest of Victoria , about an hour from the south Aust. border. It was a very big merino sheep breeding area. Still sheep but also cattle and grain now. I had to travel via bus and train up tp Coff's Harbour but well worth the trip.
I'm enjoying this rest but the waiter is a bit slow with breakfast. I suppose that's to be expected with all the visitors arriving.
I bought a plate, Sue. Have to have nibbles.
I wonder what today's tour will be. Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset
(Zone 6a)

What an awsomet trip Sue! haven't read the whole thread yet but the pictures were nice! I bet your pool must be warm too.

I'm a little lost searching for the brom palace.......

Steven

G'day Jean, G'day Steven,G'day Zany,G'day elle.
Jean, I don't think sue has any waiters, only hubby!!!! I've heard Bill makes a good barbie, so we might have one while we are here if we are lucky.

Sue said to make ourselves at home, I made a pot of tea for you Jean and a pot of coffee for the rest of us. if anyone wants to join us, we will be having our drinks at Brom Palace. Lets go and find it........

I think a bus load of holiday makers have arrived at the gate, Sue has gone to see who they are.

Thumbnail by terriculture
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Teri the ad says "Put another shrimp on the barbie" not "put another Barbie on the bus!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

O.K you lot, Sorry, I slept in a bit this morning, (we had daylight savings and had to put the clocks forward.
Who else was woken by the kookaburras at 5.52AM?
Why don't you all come to town with me and check out the markets?
Those who need to go, go before we leave please.
I've put a lovely arrangement in the bathroom to add a touch of class.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Here we go, everyone in the bus.
Look at the honey eater in the garden on your way out!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Check out one of Coffs HArbours round-a-bouts. They garden on all the traffic islands around here!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Ok everyone, off the bus. This is the Vernon st markets, where you can buy plants, bric-a-brac, home grown vegetables and live chickens and turkeys!
I bought an antique singer sewing machine and a bird house, a brom and a flower arranging book. It pays to get here early!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Lucky we've got room in the bus. Look at all the bric-a-brac and plants you guys bought!
Jeans got a couple of pots of Louisiana iris' and an Apricot Angel! Terri bought a huge bunch of Native Australian flowers to re-arrange, Zaney got a bargain with some lace, tie-dyed fabric and yarn, and Steven's been quite well behaved! He hasn't bought anything yet!
Lets go down to the Harbourside markets.
All Aboard!
(Terri, you can just hold on! theres facilities at the next one! You shouldn't have drunk so many coffees this morning!)
This si the homegrown market. NO IMPORTS ALLOWED!
There is a band playing and yummy food from around the world. What are you guy's going to have? I'm having the profiterole with Chantilly filling and chocolate sauce! Yummm.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

I better walk that off! Who want to walk down to the Marina? It's only a hop skip and Jump. Theres a souveneir shop there and the fish market.
Look at the lovely boats.
This is where you come when you want to go out Dolphin or Whale watching.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Steven, do you want to stop here for a fish?
The pelican might steal your bait. If not him, then the sea gulls will get it!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

O.k, we didn't get too much to take back to the bus this time, but we all weigh a little more!
Lets stop at the Big Banana for the photo opportunity. No one will believe you came to Coffs Harbour if you don't have a photo of this! They have a water park now, an ice skating rink, an indoor snow slope, an Orchid and Brom nursery (which I have promised DH to stay our of for the moment) and an international motel fro those with high incomes! (I've never seen the inside of it myself!)

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

O.K everyone, we're back at base, so lets take our goodies inside, freshen up (gosh Terri, you look a bit worn out, go and have a little Nanny nap and catch up when the weather cools down a bit)
Feel free the rest of you, to wander about the garden, have a swim or a sleep. There'll be nibblies served by the pool in a short while.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Here Terri, I'll show you to your room.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Stroll through the garden if you like

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Have a seat in the shade and listen to the birds and not much else. A great place to sit and read

This message was edited Oct 5, 2008 1:59 PM

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

From here you can sit and count the Dwarf Eastern Tree frogs that sit on the pots and plants in the pond. Don't worry about this Pelican Steven, its not real! No, the Sea gull isn't either.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Well, I reckon iots high time we all got into the sparkling pool while I go rustle us up some nibblies!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

I have some more visitors arriving, so don't be upset if I can't get to you right away. Just sing out if you feel I'm not looking after you as well as I should! I might just go look in on Terri and make sure shes comfortable.
Go and check out the brom gardens if you like.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

What a great day we had. I think the best part was delicious foods at the homegrown market. But all that walking and heat has made my feet swell so I'm going to take a dip in that lovely swimming pool and chill out in the shade.

The lace I found is really going to look perfect on my grandaughter's bridesmaid gown. She is going to be the maid of honor at her best friends wedding and we have been looking for something special for weeks now. I think the tie dyed fabric is a hoot. It reminds me of the 60's and 70's. And this wool yarn is so beautifull! I can't tell you how fun this trip is for me!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I'm so glad you are having a good time Zany! I aim to please!
I put my new sewing machine and bird house on the front veranda. When Terri comes out to the balcony, won't she get a surprise?

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

I wish Traci was here, I know it's her birthday today, and she'd have had a ball!
Everyone send her a card if you can
http://davesgarden.com/members/pupilpropogtr/

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

That sewing machine is a great find. I have had my treadle machine since I was a little girl. It still works but I need to get a new leather for the belt.

western sydney nsw, Australia

Hellow Sue sorry I am late my flight was canceled it was a long wait for the next one glad to say here at last , thanks for the long cold drink . pleased to meet every one the good thing about daylight saveing a I have pleanty of time to enjoy your garden.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

sammut, it is nice to meet you.

Christchurch, New Zealand

well I would rather have been in Coffs Harbour this weekend than at work all day Sat.
It was Nor'West & 27C.
Today I was stewarding at dog club & it was drizzly & lucky if it hit 10C while I was standing out in the rain watching over Test C dogs doing their 10 minute down stay.
The handlers got to hide in the club house lucky things!
I remember stopping at the Big Banana on the way up to Brisbane from Sydney.
Love those Aussie icons - the Big Lawnmower, Pineapple, Cow...
NZ has giant fruit, & fish down South and a giant L&P bottle in Paeroa.
cheers - Dalfyre

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Welcome sammut and Dalfyre, glad you could make it! Sorry about the delay with your flight Sammut and the day at work dalfyre! Never mind, come and chillax with the rest of the party and have a bit of pizza. Theres not alot left. Terri was feeling a bit better, obviously, because she ate most of the vegetarian pizza. Theres still a bit of pepperoni, supreme and BbQ Chicken left. Dig in or you'll miss out.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

The cheeses and snack platter never made it to the table I'm afraid! Everytime I heaqded for the door, one visitor or another would scoff the lot. I'm not naming names, but you know who you are! LOL
Oh, and by the way, Tyco here will try and get passed you as you go in and out of the door. Please try to keep him outside as Some visitors are allergic to cats. (thanks)

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Hi everyone, nice to meet you Sammut and Dalfyre.
Ohhhhhh I had such a lovely day. Thanks for looking after us so well Sue.
My room is so pleasant and comfortable I had a great sleep, didn't hear the Kookabarras (what ever they are)! Our trip around Coffs harbour was great, enjoyed everything, even the roundabouts look cool!
The orchids look lovely in the bathroom by the way!
I thought the markets were great too, I can't believe I only bought a bunch of flowers!!!
I did managed to get something else from the tourist shop down at the Marina.(show you later). Sue your sewing machine looks great, how come you spotted that? you always get the good stuff!! The veggie pizza was nice, Thanks for remembering!!
It's just great to chillax around here.I was going to have a play in the garden kitchen area where you keep all your lovely artifacts . Leo is sitting right in the middle and looking at me as if to say..... no way lady I'm not movin'!!!
Is it ok if I borrow your boots please Sue?, might go for a walkabout!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh help!

there's a huge spider on your boots Sue!! quick take a picture to show them all or they won't believe me when I tell them how big it was.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.