What are you doing to save $$ and energy

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

OK...this will be easier. Wouldn't it be terrific is someone would cull all the good information in these threads and make it available....maybe in a Stickey???

OK...so here is my latest experiment.... I was told by an ancient Japanese fellow in a gardening class i was teaching that if you put hair clippings around vegetables, the slugs and snails wont cross over the hair to gobble the vegies. I had a bit of hair left after cutting DH's ...(he has little left so I didn't get a lot) and I put them around 2 bean seedlings just coming up....all the others had been devastated by slugs. 4 days later no further damage to the 2 remaining ones!!! Going to town today and am going to go to the Beauty School with a bucket and ask them to fill it up!!! My take is that it works and I won't have to buy slug/snail bait.....

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!