CLOSED: Looking for: Lantana seeds

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

I am trying to find these Lantana seeds: Bandana Sunset Rose, Red Spread, Anne Marie, Carlos or Irene. Ok, well the truth is....I would love any seeds because I can't find any, but I prefer the bolder colors. I have asked a few members that have them listed but have not received any responses. I'm hoping that someone out there has some seeds that they don't have listed on their trade. I have just updated my trade list so please take a peek. Thanks for looking!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

My next door neighbor has tons of bright yellow ones. I'll look to see if he has any seeds if you would like this color.

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks LiliMerci, if you find some let me know if there is anything on my trade list you'd like.

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

I have seeds of Lantana camara (orange). Let me know if you are interested.
Jonna

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I have plants that have tri-colored,( pink,red,yellow) flowers. If I can figure out how to harvest the seeds I would be happy to send you some. I will go out tomorrow and take a look.

Bonnie

Thumbnail by bobyrd
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

The previous post picture does not have all the colors. I think mine is a Bandana sunset rose.

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have seeds of Confetti which are similar to this. Pink on the outside than red or orange and yellow in the middle. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/80950/ I'm sure I have a picture that I've taken myself, but I'd have to search through 1000's :-) I'll have to see if there's a bloom out there now. Andrea

There was a straggler out there. I guess there are a few that are still trying to bloom now. I actually overwintered this plant in my basement last year and plan to do it again this year. You are welcome to the seeds.

Thumbnail by mygypsyrose
Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Wow - that is beautiful! I sent you a d-mail.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I am glad I am not the only one who likes lantana, I have about 9 different kinds and collect the seeds.. and winter them over as well.. my two favs are the trailing lavender and the bright red..

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

mygypsyrose, could you tell us how you overwintered the lantana...cut back...cool, dark conditions??? I have a luscious grape lantana, that I would love to overwinter.
Thanks!
DeeS

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I bring in all y lantanas to the basement with the hibiscus and other indoor plants that will not tolerate freeze, keep them under lights, a small fan and Kens' Secret Recipe for bug and fungus and feeding.. My plants have been with me for almost 5 years now..

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

joeswife - I've never heard of Ken's Secret Recipe before....do share more details please. Is it a liquid fertilizer you buy at the local nursery? :-)

mygypsyrose told me she puts her lantana in the basement where it is cooler and waters it at least every month to keep it from drying out. She said it looks dead but when she brings it out in the spring it just pops back out.

joes wife - does your lantana stay green over winter under the lights?

yep, Cheles has what I said right.:-) Thanks. There are a couple of windows that provide some light but that's about it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.