CLOSED: seeds wanted - Jap. maple, dogwood, spicebush, azalea

Galien, MI

Hi, I am looking for seeds from Japanese maple, any of the flowering dogwoods, spicebush, azaleas or rhodo's that are zone 5 hardy.

I have well rooted cuttings of gold flame spirea, gold mound spirea, and a few purple daylilies that I can trade.

Thanks.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Hi I have the dogwood seeds you are seeking. How many do you need? I got a great germination last spring. here is a pic from may. I am interested in all you have listed. Are you still looking for seeds?
Dave

Thumbnail by Pughbear7
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Guess I am dumb but I did not think of dogwoods making seeds. The pink and the white grow wild all around me. How and when do you harvest seeds? Thanks.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

In the fall they put on red berries. the pulp from the berries need to be cleaned off and the seed need to be nicked pretty good to let the moisture in. I collected a bunch and its very time consuming and messy to clean them, but the end result is quite rewarding.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes open.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Oh yea... you are not dumb, we all go through different pases of learning. I am constantly learning and rethinking my ideas on some subjects. The trees should be loaded with berries right now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.