Why worry if your cukes will grow?

Honolulu, HI

This is the first time in years that I have a veggie garden. (Retirement will do that to you.) I planted seeds in a large galvenized wash tub. I kept three. I obsessed over them. I read and asked so many questions My grand children thought I was over the edge as I was out with a soft brush to make sure that they would pollinate. We do not have bumble bees here, they are brown bees. Any way they grew and grew and grew. Here is a picture of 2 of them 30 ft up in a palm tree. Why worry.

I plan to live forever. So far so good.

Thumbnail by elsieinhawaii
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL...send one of those grandkids up there to harvest them.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

OMG! I love it!!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

chuckle--now you know you don't have to work that hard in the future!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That's fabulous!

:-)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

My cukes didn't do a thing. Maybe they want a palm tree to climb.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Now *there* is a compelling reason to plant palm trees -- as a cucumber trellis! ;-) hmm...

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I doubt I would have any better luck with the palm trees than I have had with the cukes!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You never know until you try... Maybe I should grow cucumbers up my banana plants next year! ;-)

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I had apple gourds in an apple tree. The picture may not be in the computer.......I searched.....kinda neat.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Critter
You can grow banana trees in your zone? They used to grow wild down the bayou in La. The fruit was small and not as sweet as store bought but it was fine for cooking.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Well, I can grow them outside in the summer! LOL, then they have to come in. Want to laugh at what plant obsessions can lead us to do? I wrote about my banana adventures... http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/299/

zone 7, TX

Thats hilarious! I was once driving downtown Dallas, Texas and lo and behold there was a tree with melons or gourds climbing to the top. I got so excited everyone in the car thought I never got out! I love it!! Doesn't take much to excite me I guess.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.