HUGE Clematis SALE at Gardencrossings!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

They have really marked down their clematis...How exciting..Jeanne
http://www.gardencrossings.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=plants.main&alphaKey=Clematis%20A-L&whichName=genus&showIntro=0&hardinessZone=

(Zone 5b)

As of today I only grow 8 different clematis, so I ordered 7 new ones.

What would you consider some of the must have varieties that they offer?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jeanne: Thanks for enabling all of us!

BonnieIN: If you are relatively new to growing Clematis, try to concentrate on the viticella varieties as they are resistant to wilt.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Jeanne, thanks for the notice on the sale! I ordered 5 clematis, and just can't wait to get them started! Now I really need to get that new trellis rust-proofed and installed, as they will be here before I know it.

I ordered:
Roguchi
Warsaw Nike
Suzanne
Clematis viticella 'Purpurea Plena Elegans'
Rosemoor

I only have 3 clematis right now, so I'm more than doubling my collection. Thus far, I have Jackmanii, Proteus (which has just bloomed repeatedly this first year--I am thrilled!), and John Paul II (which hasn't grown an inch all year).

Can't wait to see all these in bloom! I know, I know. . .patience is a virtue, especially where clematis are concerned.

Angie

(Zone 4a)

Gosh I wish we could order plants from the states - what a beautiful variety!

Delaware, OH

BonnieIN, in your zone consider ville de lyon and guernsey cream. they were two of my biggest early successes with clems, and i still enjoy them as much or more than any of my almost 300 other varieties!!! i am in a similar zone i believe we are in same or similar zone.
also foolproof for me is rouge cardinal, the president, multiblue.
these are all pretty easy to get and i think you will enjoy them.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Jeanne, thanking you all over again for pointing me at this sale! I think my Rooguchi didn't survive the winter, but the others are going strong, and developing buds. I have to go check on my clem-babies every day, to see how they are faring. I can't wait to see them bloom!

My Proteus and John Paul are both blooming. I'd hoped Proteus and Jackmanii would bloom together, as they are on the same trellis, but no such luck. Proteus is just tremendous--huge blooms, and they are double this time 'round, too. Here's one, with my son's hand to show the scale.

Thumbnail by Bookerc1
Delaware, OH

nice proteus. if you want to see an amazing proteus, go to silver star vinery web site and click on vines and them proteus. it is a 20 year old pant in yacolt wash. that you must see the pic of to believe. really something any proteus lover would want to see.....

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

I remember that picture. I bought Proteus on a whim at a local store, and came across that picture when I was reading up on my new clematis. I can only hope it will perform that well for me!

Angie

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Incredible Proteus. Here is a link for easier access and what a wonderful story
http://www.silverstarvinery.com/default.asp

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Booker..OH MY what a gorgeous pic and so glad you are enjoying "Proteus"..Just goes to show you don't have to spend a fortune on clematis to have something fabulous and vigorous that will only get bigger and better with age...Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.