This message was edited Sep 28, 2008 10:46 AM

Thumbnail by DustyDS
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

morning dusty

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

Mornin Kathy... How are ya??

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

fine thanks, and you?
i have a pip and am pacing the floor. hubby wants to go to the fair this afternoon, but i think i'm too excited to go.
did you have fun at sissy's yesteday?

I ALWAYS have fun there....but yesterday was really special with all of our other close DG friends there, and just very laid back... no plant or food pressures...Just dump it all on the table and eat it...We had a blast..

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hey Grandma Dusty, did you see Opal's latest pics for you on the Goat 101 thread?!

londonderry, Australia

wow 7 thread already

I hadn't seen it till you mentioned it Claire...She is absolutely precious!!
Give her a big hugggers from Grandma!!

I was not supposed to be off today as I am off tomorrow and Friday for DH's pre-op appt and then the surgery on Friday, but dispatch didn't tell the boss...I'm kinda glad I am though, as I still have alot of little things to finish up around here from the room rearranging, and my kitchen is a disaster area...and I still need to clean the Library from top to bottom to get it ready for the delivery of the hospital bed and other equipment...so that is my day today..

We have been working so hard outside while the weather is good, saving the inside for the winter, but this has stepped up the demo of the downstairs bathroom by a couple months...It needed it desperately but I was dealing with it as long as the sink and potty worked...No way was I getting into that shower...You will see why when I get the tub installed.. I refuse to post any before pics until I get the after underway... LOL
And yes, it IS that bad...

Well, I better get at it or it won't get done again... LOL

Have a terrific day everyone!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

someone was looking for ducks. i don't remember who, but ideal has a sale n them now

londonderry, Australia

just thought i would post here that i am going to be gone for a week or so i am jetting of to the gold coast and i wont be back till sunday after next.

cya's when i get back
Josh

Clarkson, KY

Happy Traaaails to Yoooou...

an I'm not even going to Chickenfest... Spring Break?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Josh, who will take care of your dove baby?

(Zone 7b)

Yes Josh who is takeing care of your baby dove?

Gao, Mali

SSHHHHhhhhh.... CF wil take care of his chickies, Josh is on a secret mission for yours truly...
CF

Clarkson, KY

Y'know a lot of weird things happen to people from Ohio....{{{spooky music}}}

This message was edited Oct 1, 2008 9:35 AM

londonderry, Australia

ok last post before i go

a friend will take care of it for me as well as my chickens she lives close to me any way so it is easy for her ok cya's

This message was edited Oct 2, 2008 8:49 AM

Gao, Mali

OK, cya soon.
CF

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

got a guy here locally that is going to bator me about 2 dozen Americana (roo) BR (hen) eggs. What ya think????

Again forgive me, but what is it we are looking for? Leg color? egg color?

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I need a americauna roo!! well not this minute.. lol but someday..

Anyway they have grey legs and lay blue/green eggs and cute faces that always look at you quizzingly.

Thumbnail by frans530
Clarkson, KY

Ooooooooh, Ti! How'd I miss this one.....pea combs, willow legs, identifiable head spots, what the heck color chicks come out...I'll think on it but that's the short list. What color was the roo?

okie dokie so that is what the goal is. he lives about 15 miles from me and I will have him start this week collecting eggs. I will ask him the color of his roo.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Does anyone remember the thread with the pictures of the americauna eggs? Four of the chicks we just got are americauna. My nephew was telling his preschool class about them and how they lay colored eggs. His teacher told him No they don't! Right in front of his classmates. ERRR! I corrected her when she told me. She apologized to him but in private-personally I think she should in front of the class. ERRR! She really ticked me off! He's only 4 and that can really make an negative impression. Some people just shouldn't be teachers. Sorry! I'll stop ranting!

Sue

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

If this comes up twice, sorry.. Something wierd happened

Green eggs - Americauna
Dark Brown - Marans
Med Brown - Buff Orphington
Light Brown - Wyandottes & RIR

URGGGG, can we tell your nephew to tell his teacher "TOLD YOU SO!!"

Edited to say.. feel free Sue to print off pic for him to take to school!

This message was edited Oct 9, 2008 9:28 AM

Thumbnail by frans530
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Absolutely print that pic Sue! Great idea! Yeah.. then show your lil Nephew how to do the "Told ya So" dance!!!! Make sure he spins around in a circle with that pic as big as a poster!!!!!!!! I would be livid.. Children at that age take the teacher's word as law.. Not to mention how bad he felt....
Let me at em.. LOL

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

What a gorgeous bowl of eggs!

Definitely have your son bring that in for show-and-tell so that he can tell her "told you so" in front of everyone! hehe

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the permission to print, frans. :-) It's going to mean alot to both of us! He has school in the morning and he'll have pic in hand! So there teacher!! I just showed Owen-he is very excited to show his teacher. He said his teacher will be very happy to see he was right. I say she should take this and learn from it.
I love the idea of the dance! lol! He's already got a good chicken dance down-he imitates the roo dance-one arm down while he's making a big circle!heehee!

It's difficult sometimes because I'm the auntie and not his mom. So I have to be more 'polite' than I'd like to be. His mom is totally non-confrontational. Anytime she has a question or a problem, she asks me to handle it!

Here's Owen with a chick on his back!

Thumbnail by saanansandy
(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

Yay, glad he gets to take that picture to school! I'm an auntie to many, and let me tell you....if something like that happened to one of mine, I would be all over that teacher because aunties CAN get away with it! lol!
But then again, I'm all over teachers when it comes to my own kids too! lol! Should have seen me in action, when my kindergartener came home from school and told me who to vote for and that if I didnt vote for that person (this was many years ago) then there would be no more schools and we would always be at war. When I asked how he knew all this....well, his teacher told him, and told him to tell all their parents! I was so livid I went right to the head of the school district! I believe we should teach kids both sides....and let them decide, not teach them who they think should be voted in! UGGGHHH!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Absolutely!!! Power to the Aunties and the Moms!!

Will probably need a good stew recipe soon. Stew because it is going to be real hard to get my boot out of his rear when I kick him again. Dang rooster anyway. He is FOR SURE going away next week and be king of his lonesome.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I want to know how Owen did at school???

Owen?

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

sues nephew

oh ok.

I am so proud is he just Handsome

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

now you ask- what did i do on my anniversary? well...... it started out great. we went to dinner, then stopped at wallys to visit tashia. when we got home i took my hummerfeeders down, put them in the mop bucket with hot soapy water and bleach. went to take the bucket out of the sink, it broke, the handle caME OFF, AND I HAD WATER AND BROKEN HUMMER FEEDERS ALL OVER THE FLOOR. IT TOOK 12 BATH TOWELS TO SOAK UP THE WATER. [sorry bout the caps]
then i had to wash 2 loads of towels and give the puppies a bath, cuz they decided it would be fun to roll in poop.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Very handsome Luvs! Sure to be a heart-breaker with the ladies!

Jordan - that is awful! I can just imagine the mess. I hope they weren't glass feeders. Oh what a way to spend your anniversary. Well, Happy Belated Anniversary, and I hope the day-after-anniversary is better for you!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

2 were glass and are ow pieces.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

have you guys seen this?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/912784/

Clarkson, KY

Ha! Lucky we're not judged on content! The pie slinging, the missions!!! lol

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

yeah, and pee cans too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.