Blooming Yesterday!

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I am in the process of putting my daylily and iris gardens "to bed" for the winter. Yesterday, I found this little gem blooming in one of the beds!

This is a seedling Iris pumila that I had transplanted in June of this year. It is from seed that I got from SIGNA and a note on the package said that this seed has a "high variation." (Whatever that means).

What a delight to see this when things are winding down.

Thumbnail by IndaShade
South Hamilton, MA

'high variation' probably means that the seeds were harvested from a group of plants of different colors. Nice to see it in the fall. It might have reblooming gene or just might have matured to bloom size quickly, pumilas do bloom early in the spring--april here.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

What a cute little flower, Inda.

Philadelphia, PA

Very nice Sherry

Olathe, KS(Zone 5a)

I actually have a rebloomer. Yesterday I spotted a tiny iris in bloom. At first I thought it was a mistake. It was a real, genuine dwarf iris - Smell the Roses - a small, short red violet beauty. I have more than a few tall bearded rebloomers but they have decided to sit this out. Carol

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Congratulations on your rebloom! I think it is always delightful in zone 5 because it is pretty rare. I have buds on Sugar Blues. Hope the flower makes it before frost.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

A few are blooming for me right now.
"Total Recall"
"Blueberry Tart" (received this year)
"Breakers"
"Immortality"
and a noid MDB
With buds are:
"Chatter" (received this year)
"Summer Tsunami" (received this year)
but I don't know if they will bloom before we get a major frost.
Pic of "Blueberry Tart".

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am so jealous. Rebloom is rare here. I have several of the iris you mention, but no rebloom from any of them. I planted blueberry tart this year. Hopefully, someday it will rebloom!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Who says we don't have rebloom in New Mexico! ( Me - usually). I walked out and found this IB, Double Your Fun in bloom. It has never bloomed for me before so this technically isn't a re-bloom. But this cultivar is a rebloomer. I am hoping this is a taste of what is to come.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.