CLOSED: Looking for datura triple purple

Antioch, TN

I traded last year for what I thought was datura triple purple and only to find out this year that they are all white. Anyone has seeds from the triple purple for sae?
velmansia

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I can send ya some. Is this what you are looking for?

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh -- is that beautiful!! I wish i had room for Datura.

Greenacres, WA

They are very interesting
There are 3 kinds of them that I have found so far.
Double Yellow Datura
Gorgeous, pale yellow, double blooms.

Purple Ballerina
Exotic trumpets are a whorl of white and purple.

Evening Fragrance
Large white trumpets bloom among velvety foliage.

Thumbnail by MarciaS
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Marcia, those Dats are interesting. The last ones. I grew what I thought was purple swirled with white and got that beige or brown color. Are they actually suppose to be that color?

Jeanette

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Velmansia, did you get your seeds? I think whenever someone sends seeds on from someone else and they haven't grown them out that you could get anything.

However, are Daturas something that might not grow true to the parent? It has been a while since I have grown them so not sure. I have some that were given to me if you want to try them. Actually, you could probably plant one now over the winter and see if you want to plant them next spring.

Jeanette

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Let me know 'cause I just found some from another grower that are marked "Triple Purple Datura" Jeanette

Greenacres, WA

Are the Datura ones that bloom at night?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

No, are you thinking about Moon Flower? Daturas belong to the Brugmansia family. Do you know what those are? You said that you found some and then listed them. Where did you find them?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.