A FAQ sticky

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We've had some requests for a sticky thread.

It is the time of year that many people are thinking about Amaryllis blooms during the dark days of winter. Many need to know how to plant these bulbs, bring them to flower, and then take care of them afterward.

There are many great threads on this forum that tell these things, and if you all will start posting the links here, I'll make a sticky to sit at the top of this page for quick reference.

Many people need to know about size of pots, how deep to plant them, moisture, fertilizer, light and all sorts of things, and will be searching for the information in the coming weeks.

A sticky about culture for both the Amaryllis and the Hippeastrums would be a great welcome to folks searching for a place to ask their questions...and a great quick reference for those of us who need a bit of clarification on something.

Help me out, and let's get some links posted.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Melody. Maybe we should take the information from andidandi's post and use it for the sticky. What do you think? Nobody else posted anything. Maybe we should go over to the bulb forum and see what they would come up with if you think we needed anything other than what andidandi wrote. I am completely satisfied with what we got from ad.

Just delete this one I wrote here.

Jeanette

I'm sure that something can be assembled for a sticky thread.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2008 10:55 PM

This message was edited Sep 28, 2008 10:56 PM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Just start posting links here. It may take a week or two, but most fora have relevant information stickied at the top. It makes sense to have one here also.

I'll take care of putting it together and 'making it pretty'

It would really be an asset to have the good stuff organized and quickly accessible.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Melody, this link should be useful to those wanting to check out hybrids. You have to search 'by product name' by putting in either hippeastrum or amaryllis, which brings up two links with a number of results. The biggest result has over 300 hybrids with many pics and other details.

http://www.plantscope.nl/pls/pscprdpub/psc_htm_utils.psc_startframeset?pnTalId=1

This message was edited Sep 30, 2008 4:41 PM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Thanks!

Keep things coming ya'll!

Just checking in to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this. I will put something together.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Thanks!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Yes Andi, Cathy says the bulbs are on the way so we will need to know what to do with them when they get here. LOL

Jeanette

I will work on it tonight.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Andi. Jeanette

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.