Had A Close One Today!

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

For weeks I've had this horrible coughing spell everytime I exerted myself and especially when I woke up in the morning. I did go to the doctor twice but each time my lungs were clear and just got some cough meds which did not seem to help? However after walking my dog and returning home today I started coughing and could not stop? Then came the difficulty of breathing? I could not take a deep breath. Just shortness of breath and because of a lack of oxygen I became very weak. All this was happening in my room at the other end of the house when my grandson saw me struggling to breathe (5yrs old) and ran to the end of the house to get his daddy, my son, and told him that Jagee could not breathe? I did not want to go to the hospital but my son being a cop said he would Baker Act me if I refused so I went with him to the emergency room. Upon arrival they took me straight in and put me on a breathing device and told me to blow as hard asI COULD AND IT HARDLY REGISTERED? They then put me on a breathing apparatus that gives off some type of tasteless gas that immediately helped me to breathe. After a few blood draws and a couple of hours or so and some kind of anti-biotic drip line, I was breathing normally again and was given four prescriptions but the doctor wanted to talk to me first. He said I was very fortunate to have come in when I did as this could (Bronchitis) have been an extremely serious matter at my age of 71 in a few hours. I did not ask him to clarify as I knew "EXACTLY" his meaning!
Have all my prescriptions filled and with me and already have taken what I am supposed to be taking. The coughing has stop but the lungs are not completely cleared at this time as there is still some hesitation on a deep breath causing a cough but I'm certain it will clear by tomorrow but I will be taking it easy for five days and return to my doctor Monday or Tuesday.

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!