Green Goddess shows her stuff!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I couldn't believe it when I recently saw a stem with two buds on my Green Goddess, they have both opened now. The bulb is in the original pot I put it in, it had flowered in mid to late March. In June I put it in a semi-shaded greenhouse which always has good ventilation, i.e. door open and panes missing! I haven't given it any food but it is in my organic compost. Besides all that, we had a very cold summer (often only14-16C or around high 50's to just over 60F) with only a short warm spell from late July and intermittently (briefly) since.

The flower looks closer to a species this time, I like it!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Link, Sweden(Zone 5b)

Beautiful Wallaby, I have Yellow Goddes a very nice one too.
Your green was nice with the slender flowers.

Thumbnail by hobbyodlaren

Hi hobby, I think the slender flowers give it a species look, but it does look different to it's first flowering.

Yellow Goddess has a lovely creamy colour, it is very nice too! When did it flower?

The pic of GG on the US National Arboretum site looks just like my first flowers, perhaps the different conditions produced a different flower? First time it was inside with little light. Or maybe the bulb is throwing back some of it's parentage, which I would think more likely but it shouldn't if it's from a tissue cultured bulb originally. I imagine most of them are reproduced from 'scoring' or fragmenting of the base.

http://www.usna.usda.gov/PhotoGallery/HippeastrumGallery/AmaryllisA-L.html

This is the first flowering..

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Now look- I have a Green Goddess Calla lily , I did not know there was a Green Goddess amaryllis.Gotta check this one out . It looks just beautiful!!!
Maybe you can tell I am a newbie to amaryllis

Sharon

Oh yes, I am familiar with the GG calla lily! This GG certainly is worth checking out!

We are all newbies to something at some time, lol, have a great journey..

Ewing, VA

My Green Goddess got sick and it didn't bloom for me this season. I really miss it for it was one of my very first hippeastrums. Here she is in May 2007.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And the cooler weather then brought out this red/brown markings on her petal's back.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And the flower scape...

Probably the last scape of my Green Goddess... :-(
The Green Goddess that are released right now is not the same. It is Bianca which is supposed to be more prolific.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

My Green Goddess' first flower with my first Papilio in 2006

Thumbnail by mariava7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.