Century plant ??hardy in the Piedmont??

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I was sent 3 lovely century plants from a DG buddy in Fla. I am 7a, but more like 7b lately. Will they probably survive outside? I've always wantied 1, and would hate to lose it.
Thanks,
Sheri

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Well it would depend on what kind it is. Agaves range from zone 7+, with most being more cold tender. If it is agave americana then I'm pretty sure it will be fine. What zone are you in? You can have it IDed on the cacti and succulents forum if you post a picture.

I really appreciate you. It is so absolutely cool to see your enthusiasm and broad knowledge of horticulture. I believe that you will have a great impact on many lives, in many ways.
You are right, I need to take and post a pic in the Cacti forum.
Thanks,
Sheri

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

:-) thanks. It's just a part of me I guess... I'm just glad I am doing this and not what so many other teens my age are doing. So yeah... I'm glad I could help.

i am glad you are doing this also ...and Very happy to see a young person proclaim the reality of our Lord in his life. I imagine that you have very happy parents for the direction you are headed.
May you be blessed and be a blessing!

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

yeah I think they are, but I think I'm the happiest of all. Thanks and bless you too. You are so kind.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.