TB BLACKOUT

Thumbnail by 1913cat
Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

TB BUTO

Thumbnail by 1913cat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Great pics

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the new thread. I continue to be amazed at the number of beautiful irises you have and that you even have pictures of. Coalignition is lovely!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I would like to be a part of this, if you will have me. As I stated before new to Irises. Just planted over 30.
This is a noid someone gave me. If any one can Id it. I have others that have no name. This is what started a new fedish. LOL The new ones all have names, some have been posted by 1932 and others, most have not.
Thanks
Tills

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Connection / TB

Thumbnail by tazzy

Deep Dark Secret / TB

Thumbnail by tazzy
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

tillysrat,
Of course, we will have you! The more iris lovers the merrier! I don't have a clue what your noid is, but some people on this forum are into the older iris and might know what is. We love seeing your pictures, too, because we are iris lovers!

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

wow! beautiful iris and beautiful photos!
I am planting 200 iris this fall so hopefully will have some photos to share someday! LOL!

Until then, i will just keep drooling over these photos! I only have a handful of the ones you all have shared so far (just scrolled thru thread #1.lol)... thinking I should start looking for more land soon! teehee!

Please keep posting! I love these photos!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Welcome Tillysrat. We are all lovers of Iris here and the knowledge these people have is astounding. I am sure you will get a lot out of it. They are fun too.

1913CAT thanks for the new thread. Love it.

steph

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

1913CAT- where did you get COALIGNITION from or is it yours. The beards are fabulous "SP".

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Coalignition is stunning, the same color as my pink catawba grape clusters. Just beautiful, and thanks for the new thread.

If there are any embroiderers out there I just wanted to let you know that the artist Donna Dewberry has had her iris paintings transformed into embroidery patterns for machine embroidery. Her book is fabulous. My friend bought it at JoAnns.

Wow, where do I start? Um,

tillysrat, don't be silly, you do not even have to ask on any forum if you are welcome, all are welcome!!!! Your noid could possible be Rosy Wings, or Dauntless. Go to the HIPS site and look at their photos, and compare or just look those up on Dave's, it's early and my mind is still sleeping.

tazzy I have Deep Dark Secret and almost lost it this year, I did save it, but also ordered another one to be safe, it is a beauty !!!!

rebloomnut- Yes, Coalignition is mine, all of the picutures you see are mine, I have been so busy with my own, I have not had time to photograph others, I do not remember where I purchased it from, but it is a popular cultivar, I wished I could have done this sooner, I just divided that one this year, we could have traded, it increases well, so maybe next year.

SDB ROBIN'S NEST

Thumbnail by 1913cat

SDB GRAPECICLE

Thumbnail by 1913cat

SDB WEE REGGIE- THIS ONE IS NOT THE BEST PICTURE.

Thumbnail by 1913cat

SDB CHANTED

Thumbnail by 1913cat

TB TRADE SECRET

Thumbnail by 1913cat

MTB BUMBLEBEE DEELITE

Thumbnail by 1913cat

SDB BRIGHT STARCHILD

Thumbnail by 1913cat

IB OKLAHOMA BANDIT

Thumbnail by 1913cat

MDB PUNK, THIS ONE WAS BASHFUL, IT DID NOT WANT TO OPEN ALL THE WAY

Thumbnail by 1913cat
Cherryvale, KS

Southland Grape!! Good-morning!! This one smells great!!! 1913 Glad you made us a place to talk!! What do you all think of a thread-WHAT's Blooming Today?

Thumbnail by NickysIris
(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

thanks for posting all the sdb .it helps me decide what im gonna get for my walkway bed next year. well i dont know if its making it harder or easier lol . but i love to see them and imagining .

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love Punk!

i think Coalignitionis newer than 2004 because thats as far as my R&I books go .any one have 2005 -06 -07
R &I books ?
it may be there.
sure is a beauty

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Cat: Do you have any lineage info for your 'Buto'? It has the classic shape
of the old varieties. Beautiful coloration and outstanding pic.

i got coalignition this year im soo exited for that one

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I love the contrasting beard on it, it looks great against such a dark petal.
Dana here is our Lab, relaxing by one of the beds this Spring.

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

1913, how many named iris do you have? It seems like you have so many nice pics of them, I am just curious.
I have a lot that was given to me from a friend, they are collections from Schreiner's, but she didn't keep them tagged :(
Teresa in KY

aww hes sweet looking . and nice bed too . i already cant wait for spring . all i have left is to get about 80 sdb for my front walk and im on a roll. we can visit each others gardens this spring id love to see your gardens

speaking of schreiners ...(- sp?)
i got my order from them and there was one ,competitive edge that was baseball size! no joke .really how do they get them that big . i got one from horton iris that was even bigger . it has 2 new ones already .

after geting that order i got comanche s order and theirs left something to be desired . they were on the small side compared to everything i got . not that i really care but they had dirt all over them still . iris are iris and they will bloom like the rest but i wasnt filled with glee like i was with the others . im debating to put that in the gw . i got what i ordered and when i was supposed to . so i dont know

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I think so cultivars just seem to grow larger than others. You other ladies please add your comments. The large ones seem to bloom quicker for me too. So any thing small may need a year to get ready. I would plant them in a place where they can let them grow a season just not out front in a display bed.

South Hamilton, MA

The irrigated west coast rhizomes are larger.

irisMA, not necessarily, this past season I was growing midwest potatoes, they were HUGE!!!

iris28, mine were smaller than normal from this season as well from him. Last year they were giants, but size really does not matter, they are all doing great !!!!!!!

tazzy- Coalignition Burseen 1991

bluegrassmom- there is something about dogs and flowers, he is adorable. I have a little over 1400 cultivars, I am still waiting to photograph 1000 more, I purchased an 8GB memory card, that should do the trick, LOLOLO

Oldgardenrose- Buto Sass 1926 TB Mid season bloomer, I cannot find any parentage on it. The AIS website just has the name, I will look in my World of Iris book and see if it is in there and let you know.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you have good soil or do you amend well?

I hope I got to everyones questions, Whew, If I missed you let me know, I will list more pictures later, Cindy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.