ANTHURIUM (Flamingo flower)

Alstonville, Australia

Hi all, I would like to start a new topic. Hope I get some feed back about these beautiful plants.
This is my pride & joy "White Heart"
Cheers Hel

Thumbnail by hel
Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Very pretty flower, can see why it is your pride and joy.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Hel, I like Anthuriums too, but don't actually have one. I recently saw a giant one, with huge leaves and lovely flowers. The man that owned it has been raising some form seed and hopes to have them available at the end of October I hope. Now all I have to do is find his number!
How many do you have Hel?
Sue

Alstonville, Australia

Hi Sue alias WW, I have 13 different anthuriums and they all seem to have there own personality not one flower is the same the flower that first appears is differant to the next in just a small way they can be so individual and so easy to grow, one flower can last for a month. Cheers hel

Thumbnail by hel
Coffs Harbour, Australia

It looks like we now have an "Anthurium Lady" LOL

Sunshine Coast, Australia

hel thought you might like to see one of my anthuriums

Thumbnail by Marleneann
Sunshine Coast, Australia

A few more Anthuriums

Thumbnail by Marleneann
Alstonville, Australia

Thought I'd send another Anthurium for you all to anjoy. Amathyst.

Thumbnail by hel
Coffs Harbour, Australia

beautiful Hel!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

just dropping in to move bobs thread down a notch

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I can't wait for mine to flower now. A lady gave it to me, but it was mostly gone. Now it has two new leaves and more on the way, so hopefully I might get a flower this season. Do you do anything special with yours hel? I have no experience with them at all.

Alstonville, Australia

Hi WW,
They don't need much care at all. Filtered light and well draining soil do not over water.
Here is my curly orange.

Thumbnail by hel
Alstonville, Australia

Here is another pic of my Amathyst

Thumbnail by hel
Golden, MS(Zone 7a)

Beautiful but they still remind me of fuschia lips. LOL Lee

Alstonville, Australia

Here's another anthurium for you to enjoy
Hel

Thumbnail by hel
Golden, MS(Zone 7a)

Beaufiful Lee

Sydney, Australia

Hi Hel,
I had one of these. I called it anthurium dontknowus. Yet to be identified. I recently went to repot it and ended up dividing it into 3. I will post a photo when they have recovered from surgery and hopefully you can fill in the blanks for me. They are an interesting and hardy plant.
Cheers
Steve

Alstonville, Australia

Thanks Lee, Steve, yes they are hardy in the right environment looking forward to your pics.

Thumbnail by hel
Golden, MS(Zone 7a)

Hello hel, If Santa is good to me this year, then you'll get some pics. Nothing in bloom, yet. Lee

Gisborne, New Zealand

They are all beautiful hel, they also last for so long don't they, a great indoor plant and no I haven't one a fact I need to rectify..

Alstonville, Australia

Hi Guy's, I hope Santa brings me another anthurium but I haven't seen any new ones around.

Thumbnail by hel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.