Decorating Help needed !

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi all,

I've never posted on this forum...didnt even know it was here until today! lol!

We own a cabin in the sierra foothills and are just now completing the finish work on it (15 yrs over due!)
I am now starting to look into decorating ideas. I have an empty slate to work with, which is really nice :)

This cabin is our vacation home, but we will also be renting it out in the summertime to vacationers. I want a country theme in creams tans and hunter green? I want people to feel instantly at home when they walk in.

The first area I'll be working on is the Greatroom. It is the main living area, living room, entry, kitchen, bar and eating nook area.

I'll post a few pix to give you an idea. please excuse the mess! we just installed pine flooring to match the pine ceiling, and added tile entry and tile near the sliding door. I think most of my pictures are aimed at the floor! ugh!

the couch in this picture will remain in this room for now. this is the only furniture that we kept, and hopefully will work with the new colors. (It matches the flooring and tile perfectly)

Thumbnail by 1AnjL
This thread has 58 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!