Fall is Here!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

One of my VFTs has done very well....the one outside that I followed the forum's advice with. Our Texas nights are hitting upper fifties and I would like some suggestions on how and when to keep it for winter. This plant is in a hanging basket still in it's original pot and soil and is still producing new growth. At what temperature do I need to bring it in? I was planning to put it in the refrigerator unless I can come up with a better idea. Can anyone please detail me on the method or point me in a direction to learn?

Thanks.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I have wondered the same thing. Temps here are low 50s at night, maybe high 40s. The plants seem to be doing quite well. I have 2 VFTs, one a Red Dragon, and 2 Saracenias. They all seem to be going quite strong, and I am wondering what they will be looking like in a month. I am planning to keep them out all winter (as it does not often freeze here) possibly protecting them with a covering or other shelter during the worst of it.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

If it doesn't go below say 40 you can leave them outside. Below that put them in your refrigerator. Mine go in the fridge when temps get to 40 or so at night in mid fall. They come back out in mid February.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.