szarvas, Hungary

need ID !

Thumbnail by dany12
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

No Idea but I sure want one of those.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Surely that's too pretty to survive here Marie :(

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

You are probably right :o( But at least I can dream :o)

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Family: ACANTHACEAE
Genus: Thunbergia
Specific epithet: dregeana

szarvas, Hungary

thank you KayJones you are right , I go to the net with the family name , there a very few pics .
THANKS
Dany

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi! The Plant Files listing for this plant does not have a picture - please submit yours! Samantha

szarvas, Hungary

OK Samantha , I don't know what to do for that
first step where ?

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Well, I've never done it myself, but I think you go to the Plant Files page: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/133825/
and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There is a box that says "Your Actions". The second action (in blue type)
is " Upload an image of this plant". Then I think it would be similar to uploading the pic onto this thread. I hope that works!! Samantha

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

it will bloom from seed if started 10 weeks before last frost and then moved outside I grow them in zone 5 I just love them

I am in zone 5 I grow mine as an annual starting it inside 8 weeks before last frost and putting it out two weeks after so you need like a six inch pot three seeds and something for it to climb on

mine gets to be about 5 feet tall and starts to bloom in june.

mona

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Beautiful Thunbergia, dany12! I've never seen this color before.

you can also cut it back and bring it inside for the winter it will go dormant in cool spot or will grow nice over the winter in a sunny south window

I usually just start from seed

szarvas, Hungary

other Thunbergia do they produce seeds , I know the Thunbergia alata, white - yellow, orange , but the blue thunbergia do they produce seeds ?
Dany

yes if you allow the bloom to fall off on its own it will make seeds looks something like morning glory seeds a round pod with three seeds if I remember right I collect my seeds in the fall so I pick the spent blooms till late summer to increase the blooming then at the end of august I stop and then collect the seeds mid october or as I see them do not open the pods put them in a sunny window and wait till they dry and crack open ok

mona

ps you can seed me some later ok

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.