Y'all ain't gonna bleve dis!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We went to a campout trail ride for my birthday. Had a great time. We camped out Friday night. It was so nice having the LQ on the trailer and not having to put up the tent and pull everything out of boxes and bags. We did put our BIG tarp across the trailer and made a big porch out front for shade. We took 3 horses. Knock rode Godiva. I think he has inherited her. She did great for him. The ride was about 12 miles through the timber in the mountains and alongside a lake. Very pretty and cool. DH took his beloved Coffee and she did great too. She is really an all around horse. DH turned down $2000 for her last weekend. She is really coming along. Beautiful horse and very stylish. I will be glad when she finishes filling out and rounding out over the hips. I could not take Shaq because his front shoes are loose and I didn't want to chance him throwing a shoe and breaking off part of his foot. So, you guessed it! I had to take NUTTY BUDDY!!!!! He did very well but the ride wore him out. He hasn't worked that hard in his life. He was rearing and jumpy when we left camp but he settled down pretty quick. By the time we rode back into camp he walked up to the water tank within 10 feet of a running generator and drank his fill. I'll give him a few days off and ride him some more. I think somebody is coming to look at him. My camera didn't work again with the new batteries I got. Still can't find my charger but there was a professional photographer there so we got 1 pic of the 3 of us near the start of the ride. I'll have to scan it and show you guys. First I have to remember how to use my scanner. I am hopeless! LOL

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!