Dahlia Hill

Port Sanilac, MI

I stopped today at Dahlia Hill in Midland. They have 400 varieties of dahlias on a hill at 2809 Orchard Drive. It sure was pretty! Its a project of the Dahlia Hill Society of Midland, as I understand it. Their web site says they are open daylight until dusk August through frost. And it's FREE! I would highly recommend it.

Thumbnail by kays_camelot
Port Sanilac, MI

Close up

Port Sanilac, MI

Another view. I'll stop now. :o)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Beautiful ^_^

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

I love it!! How come I never heard of them before?

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Just beautiful!!

Port Sanilac, MI

We're going back to Dahlia Hill on Saturday. Smile, smile. I called to get some info and a very enthusiastic gentleman told me it's 10 times better than last year. I didn't exactly call him a liar but -----.

He says there are 19 types of flowers of dahlias and they have at least one of each. He also said they have 250 different ones. Just got through reading a post from poochella so I don't think Annie or many of you others will be too impressed with 250. Sounds like you all are ordering more than that this fall! I have only 39 kinds so it will impress me anyhow and I recommend it highly to anyone who is close by Midland.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I love Dahlia Hill !!!! I havent been there in a long time!!! sounds like I need to go since its not that far for me its funny that when you live close to some thing its the last place you go viset ;0)
Gloria

I ahve a daylily club meeting in Mt. Pleasant on Saturday and wil go through Midland. I will see if I can find the place. I'd really like to see it. Does anyone have the address?

I guess if I had remember to look at the first post I would have the address. LOL Anyway I printed out a map, so will plan to stop there on my way home on Saturday.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Dorothian about what time on Saterday will see if I can make it I'm not that far away 10-12 miles would love to see you again ;0)
Gloria

Port Huron, MI(Zone 6a)

When I see pictures like those I want to just go out and start another garden. They are so beautiful.

Gloria, I will be leaving Mt. Pleasant around noon, so it will be between 12:30 and 1 pm.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'll try to be there ;0)
Gloria

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

We ( Dorothian and I ) went there it was great !!! I was so glad to see you again !!!! next time we need to get a group and do lunch ;0)
the hill is not that big but boy some of the flowers are and theres some sculptures its not far from Dow Gardens which is some thing to see also ;0) hope to see you again soon
Gloria

I was glad to visit Dahlia Hill and also to see Gloria. It was a lot of fun and a very beautiful place. I can't believe I had never heard of it before. As Gloria says, another time lets get a group together and we will also do lunch.

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

I never grew Dahlias until last year.
Always thought they'd be too much of a bother...
having to dig tubers every fall.
Well I tried some and love them now!
Anybody know of any Dahlia growers on the
mid-west side of Michigan?
I'd love to see more in person.

Port Sanilac, MI

Dorothian and Gloria, I was there about 1 o'clock; must have just missed you. Of course, I wouldn't have recognized you anyhow. lol. Glad you went to see it.

Port Sanilac, MI

This one is Show N Tell, isn't it beautiful?

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

i was there at 12;50 and Dorothian was there shortly after I had on a red shirt and she had on a pink one we were there for about 1/2hour may be 45 min. so sorry we missed you !!! LOVE those flowers there are a bunch I would love to have I'm going to watch for there plant sale ;0)
Gloria

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hello MI dahlia luvers ^_^ Just ploppin in to say hi and thank dear kc for sharing Dahlia Hill. Please feel free to pop over to the Dahlia Forum cuz we luv sharing. WARNING! DANGER! DANGER! DAHLIAS ARE VERY ADDICTING!!! ok now that I've done the mandatory public service announcement we can carry on. We warmly welcome new members to Dahliaholics Anonymouse even if you just have a few or none but luv them. Hope to see you again soon ^_^

ps We call it Anonymouse cuz we voted for 'mouse' rather than 'mous'.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.