Weight Loss Challange Sept. 20 - 27, 2008

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I see the title space is now yellow. How neat.

I had a nice long post made last night but it went into cyberspace when I tried to send it. I really get irratated at that and am not going to do it again when it happens. I just turn off the computer and walk away.

Debbie, call Division of Aging both on the county(parish)and state level and get them involved in your father's lack of care at the n. home. Contact your state senator and representative too. Also call Medicare & Medicaid if he is getting either of them and report that he is not getting physical therapy so if they are charging for it they are doing so fraudulently. You have to be there everyday at different times of the day and be very insistant on proper care to get it for him. I've worked in these n. homes and know how that goes. You certainly don't want to send him back to the same one if you can get out of it. Do you have much in home care in your area? Maybe you can get that for him instead of a n. home. Just some thoughts and ideas to see if you can improve the situation.

Pebble I'm glad you are stateside and getting settled in. Is Alex(?)anywhere near you?

Sue, it's good to see the house so close to being ready to occupy. I know you will be glad to be there.

Anna, are you getting plant sitting orders yet? Your winters are longer than ours so I thought maybe you might be starting already.

Vic, I'm so thankful you have gotten that rain. I pray you keep getting it regularly from now on.

Has anyone heard from Tricia in the past few days? I know she has a lot of clean up to do and that Matt was still having infection problems the last I remember. Have his tonsils been removed yet?

I saw Ally and her DH yesterday. Both are looking good. It has been a hard summer summer for them. They only have the baby to watch most of the time now. She said daycare didn't work out. I think they still have all of the children every other weekend.

Susan, have a great weekend with your DH.

Eating has been so so with only a couple carb binges. Monday will be another one as that is the store's monthly birthday party. I'll get the gallon of ice cream Friday and take it in Monday morning. I'm eating a lot of veggies and meats with some fruits. We had homemade chili for lunch yesterday at the store. One of the women who volunteers made it. Friday is a soup day for all the workers there & someone usually makes enough soup to go around. I had some made but I just put it in the freezer up there. It wasn't even thawed so no risks involved there.

I need to get off here. GOD bless and keep each of you. Remember to drink plenty of water and balance the activies with the caloric intake for loss of pounds.

This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!