Look what the iris fairy left me!!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello all!
I made the mistake of lurking here in the iris forum for awhile now. I had a couple of beardless iris and quite a few bearded. A thread caught my eye showing all the different beardless there are. I noticed a name on there, Polly a lot. I emailed her to ask for sources. She just happens to sell them in her nursery. Well I placed and order with her. I had placed a small Japanese iris co-op order in the spring. So I knew about the prices I would have to pay. The spring iris co-op had all 2-3 fans, but looked good over all.

Well let me tell you. I got the box from Polly and thought this can't be iris in here. She must really put heavy packing in her boxes. The box was stuffed full of well packed monster divisions! I swear some had as many as 15 fans per clump. I am one happy camper. I can't wait to see these kick in next year. Now I did order a few extras also, but just a few the rest are beardless iris clumps. I don't think I'm allowed to post her nursery site, but I will be a repeat customer of hers hands down! Just had to "brag" a little. I am really just a iris newbie and this first experience was great.
George

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I can't rave enough about Polly either, George! She is most generous and her packages are jam packed. They are pure delight. My garden would be all the poorer if it weren't for Polly.

I've never bought a thing from Polly and we have never once exchanged money in any way. I just thank my lucky stars that we met here at DG.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

George! Post her site! :-) (She can't promote herself, but you can... you can also put a good word in for her company on the Garden Watchdog.)

Those are really gorgeous! I'm just trying a few siberians and LA's myself.. if they work out in my semi-soggy spot, I'll try some more, and then I'll want to know who Polly is in the real world! :-)

PS This must be our lucky week... I just got a stuffed box of daylilies like that from Badseed (Gemini Gardens).

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Here's the Garden Watchdog review of Polly's place: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/6951/

The name of it is SIBERIAN IRIS GARDENS.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Pirl!

:-)

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

the link to the websight went to a different one .

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh my gosh, George. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you were pleased with the irises.

What nice comments, you guys.

My website won't be up until next year. I'm working on it fast as fast can be. At the moment I just have the site 'parked'. That's what comes up when you click on the website address.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2008 10:00 PM

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

DLDADDY,
wow nice haul
and good plants and fine company !

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I, too, have been the recipient of a pollyk package and think she is absolutely terrific. I wish I had better luck with beardless iris so I could order from her. But I am working on that. I have a friend or two who have beardless iris here in the Southwest. I am studying their technique.

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

lol ok, polly i went lookin when i saw that table lol

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

polly-can't waity until next year. remember me if you can. My memory is So-So at best. You have an awesome business.

Dauphin, PA

Polly! I can't wait to buy iris from you. I'm looking forward to seeing your site.

katie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.