sdb iris

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

who has the largest selection of sdb iris , i need alot and prefer to get as many from one place as i can . ive googled it and cant really find any good places . besides schreiners . they have alot but they are on the expensive side

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/1420/

Winterberry has a hugh selection
Give Ginny a call for a catalog
:)
Anita

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I second Winterberry.

Also our LauireF. Great prices here:
http://lfrazer.com/iris/sdb_a-e.html

Mid America has great ones also.

South Hamilton, MA

Schreiners median section is small compared to the others which have been noted above. the older SDBs cost less but many are quite good garden plants as many of the new ones are color variations. You can decide what colors you want and find good ones of all kinds. I don't mean to belittle schreiners, its just that they are TB oriented.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

I just bought a bunch of DB's from Snowpeak this year. She had more that I liked than anyone else, and sent at least 2 rhizomes or more on all but one. (When I tried to order more than one on a few, she said I didn't have to because she almost always sends more than one.) And Denise was a very nice and patient person besides and took the time to talk about iris issues and answer my questions.

Cherryvale, KS

I bought quite a few from Mid-America and Aitken. I also bought from Malevil Garden in Texas . A few from Keith Keppel and almost everything Zebra Garden has to offer in SDB's. I bought the SDB collection this year from Suttons. Ihave quite a few and might trade next year.

thanks everyone!! im planing to do an iris bed on either side of my walk way up to my house . i was gonna do with tb's but i decided sdb would look much better . its about 10 ft on one side and 8 on the other (because of a raised bed )X 2 ft . how many do you think ill need

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Not SDBs, but I'll never forget the picture Boojum posted of the reblooming sib Reprise at her house lining the walkway.

Just thought you might like to see it.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/57151/

wow thats great . almost exactly what im looking for , my walk is straight to the road just like that .i want it to be like a crayon box of color

ok, my mom has siberians that are up to my waist . at least i thought they were . whats the standard hight for sibs . is there much variation in hight for them

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

There is quite a variation in height of the sibs. Reprise is a shorter one. I would guess around 18".

I know you're not going to get the rainbow of color from the sibs, but I just thought you might like to see that pic.

I purchased a lot of the jewel tone SDBs this year. I think the colors are just beautiful, and they go so well together.

i love sibs ihad thought of doing them on my walk but i assumed they were all tall like he noid s we have . im putting more sibs that im getting in a trade in front of a 12 ft big red climbing rose bush thats attached to the side of the house .and next to a birdbath that i dont have yet lol .big dreams

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

There are a few sibs that are quite short. Nana Alba is a short white one, only gets around a foot, and Baby Sister, a blue, around the same.

Both clump up really fast, and make a good show.

Reprise is nice, as it reblooms.

Big dreams are the best.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Why not put clumps of spring bulbs inbetween the sibs. That way you get early spring colour while waiting for sib bloom.

Just a thought.
inanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.