CLOSED: Welcome to the Swaps!! A running list of upcoming swaps #4

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

OK-we had thought as a group that is might be easier to plan and to see what you'd like to be in if we kept a list at the top of this thread of which swaps are coming up and the hosts for any ??...

Birthday Club(georgiagarden3)-ALWAYS OPEN- http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/870204/

October Quilt Block Swap (psychw2)-OPEN-closes 10/1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/899846/

Monthly Mayhem October 'Charmed the Power of Three'(Robynzest)-OPEN now, closes 10/8
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/904228/

Halloween(jojoringer-rvnsbrk)-end of Sept.

Recipe Box Swap(puplbutfly-Cindy)-10/1-10/10-mail by 10/22

Bake Sale Swap(luvs2garden2000-Tia)-10/6-10/16, mail by 10/31

Wreaths, swags & centerpeices(fleusdefouquet-Debra)-1st week of Nov

Dirty Santa(luvs2garden2000-Tina)-11/10

Fairy Garden Xmas(Fairy1004-Stacey)-xmas theme opetional depending on where you live-right after thanksgiving

Mystery 7 item swap-BJ-Jan.

Where you live swap(planolinda-Linda)-Feb

Windchime swap(jordankittyjo-Kathy)-March

Red White & Blue Swap(heavenscape-Jaye)-May

Flat Envie Swap(heavenscape-Jaye)-July

IF YOU ARE A HOST OR WOULD LIKE TO BE ONE, AND WOULD LIKE YOUR SWAP LISTED HERE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BELOW....I HAVE NOT WENT AROUND THE FORUM IN SEARCH OF SWAPS, HAVE ONLY POSTED THE ONES ABOVE AT THE REQUEST OF THE HOSTS THEMSELVES

This message was edited Sep 25, 2008 6:23 AM

OK-the flat rate boxes start at $9.80, priority mail starts at $4.80-just an FYI...several sizes of flat rate, and there are a ton of shapes of priority-I am ordering some of the shoe box ones:)

If we decide to go ahead w/ the Dirty Santa, PLMK dates:)

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Okie Dokie, I am asking in the interest thread, I have put in 11/29 12/06 and 12/13 for the dates to do the stealing.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm sorry... I'm not going to be able to do the dirty santa this time... too close to Christmas, and I'm usually way in over my head about that time.

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Any date is fine for me.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

here me iz

Brenda remember it can be anything you have laying around that you would like to gift.

Any but the 6th-that is the 2nd annual Mother in Law and Diughter in law bake a thon for us:)

OH PUUULLLEEEAAASSSEEE BJ-make something NOW for it so you will be ready-PLEASEEEEEE

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll think about it some more. It's just a busy time for me, and I can't promise anything.

A dirty bunny swap would be better for me at Easter time.

OK-you are at least thinking-I am going to try to do as many swap things as I can right now to keep ahead of the game!!LOL

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm here.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Fairy! What size are the $4.80 boxes, and the smallest flat rate boxes? How dod you find out the prices? I ordered flat rate, I might want to order priority boxes!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I just ordered a bunch of boxes also.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?shouldCachePage=false&jspStoreDir=PostalStore&mpe_id=10654&orderId=.&catalogId=10152&categoryId=11820&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&evtype=CpgnClick&intv_id=24053&completedURL=%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FCategoryDisplay%3Fidentifier%3DPS+SC+For+Mailing%26categoryId%3D11820%26catalogId%3D10152%26storeId%3D10001%26top%3DY&callingpage=eMarketingSpotDisplay&identifier=PS+SC+For+Mailing&langId=-1&top=Y&storeId=10001&calculationUsageId=-1

Go here, to see all sizes available. All boxes are free, as is the postage. It is amazing how fast I go through boxes, even though I try to re-use ones coming in!!! I just wish the post office still had the priority tape for free, All I can get are the priority lables...

Linda Kay

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Can't you order the tape? Are you sure the postage is free? I never heard that before!

They don't offer the tape any more. I guarantee the postage is free, for as much as you want to order for the priority, and flat rate boxes.
Go to the web site and start ordering.
Linda Kay

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Fairy for the new thread. Thanks too Linda Kay for the link to the boxes. I've been using so many shipping cuttings too.

Later Guys,

Long day and I need an adult beverage before I can continue any further. :0)

Juanita

Passing the Bailey's your way, nice and cold!!!
Linda Kay

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

New seed swap

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/904228/

For them to send the boxes TO YOU is free, not for you to mail them;) The $4.80 box comes in like 3 sizes-q shoebox size, a flater longer size and my fave size-don't forget I am the co-op queen and can mail like no ones business!!LOL My fave $4.80 box is 7X7X7-that is a STARTING rate @ 1lb...but-if you are shipping very far, it will cost a smidge more like $6....the flat rates-there is $9.80 that comes in 2 or 3 different dimension sizes and a $13.95 that comes in 1 size-12X12X5.5......the $44.80 price also covers the boxes the size of VCR tapes and I think maybe one other small size one....any priority box that is NOT flat rate starts at $4.80

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

I finally caught up with you all! at least I think I did! lol

I will not be clicking on that co-op link anytime soon! lolol!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

So, Stacey, I went to that site, and I didn't find any flat rate boxes in a $4.80 size... what's that under?

I ordered some flat rate boxes, but they're all 12x12 or 11xsomething and all are like 5 1/2 inches deep... but they're all $9.80.

you could also re-use the flat rate boxes by turning them inside out :) I've done that a few times! LOL

that way you have a box that you dont have to pay priority rates for

When i went to PO today the clerk gave me a booklet, it tells all about rates, box, gives the different zones and how much it will cost really good to have.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I picked up some boxes at the post office today. Funny story, the clerk was apologizing for it being so hot inside the post office as it seems someone stole the compressor last night for the a/c unit. Pulling the copper out to sell! Now that is stooping pretty low in my book. It is on a major 4 lane hightway to boot. Sits at an angle so you can see the area where it goes. Brave souls for sure!!!

wow! brave would be and understatement...that would be felony stealing government property! not state laws...but government laws would apply! Stupid would be my definition! lol!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I just hope the catch them. Stealing copper is a real problem down here for sure. Looks like we are in for some nice cooler days so maybe just maybe we can turn our a/c off. I love it when we can and then the windows open. Nothing better sleeping than to hear the owls and other beasties at night when the window is open.

Nite all. 1Anjl hope you get your results soon and they are good!!!

thanks Marion...

they are stealing copper here too... and stealing the catylatic converters from vehicles while parked in the driveway :( at first they were only targeting toyotas....cause they could just unscrew four bolts and be gone with the part. now, theyre getting smarter :( they show up with a torch and cut them out of ANY model car...then trade it in for some type of metal thats on them.

here they steal my phone lines. Not much copper in them. It is usually during school breaks, such as fall break, winter break and such. Then I dont have phone or internet. Make me an angry person when I can not get online.

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

If you can't find the boxes or envelopes under "flat rate" look under Priority Mail. They are flate rate and quick. The socks I sent Linda Kay went out on Monday afternoon and she had them by today Wed). Cost me same price for anayathing I put in the envelope.

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Copper theft is a huge problem up here.......they will put on an orange vest and a hardhat and steal wire from lights along the freeways in broad daylight. We have several miles of 4 lane going out to the college here that was without lights for a couple of months because someone stole all the wiring....made it really dangerous along there for awhile.

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Copper is my DH bread & butter...He's in the electric motor business........copper is what makes the motors run.....They've been robby many times with the scrap copper, now it's under lock & key!

I wanna get in the Dirty Santa! When - What - Where......count me it!!

Donna

The flat rates start at $9.80, not at $4.80-that is starting for 1lb for priority...so if you put something in the envie mom sent hers in that is like 4 lbs. it WILL NOT be just $4.80 to send....

Quoted:
My fave $4.80 box is 7X7X7-that is a STARTING rate @ 1lb...

I can't figure out how to get that darn quote thing to work!!

Here they are starting to dig and steal fiber optic wire which is MUCH more valuable that copper:( The thing w/ fiber optic is that if you are a company digging fo anything and you hit and bust the line it is like $1000 a minute that you are billed until it is fixed!! So they are very very expensive to replace and very valuable!!

This message was edited Sep 18, 2008 7:00 AM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

we too get money from copper. last year we had about 5,000 dollars worth stolen from our yard. it is now harder to cash in because the scrape yards gives checks instead of cash now

And a lot of them want to be able to research the history-what company did you work for that gave you permission-and then they will call the company and verify you took it legally..

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

that is why. we have permits, so we don't have any trouble. but ours isn't illeagal anyway

Oh no-I wasn't saying that at all-I would never-I hope you didn't think I was saying that...:(

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i know that dear. i said that for the benifit of those who don't know my husband is a demolition supervisor

Wow, I had no clue that copper was so popular. DBF is an electrician and they are building a Home Depot in my hometown, he's been bringing scraps of copper home everyday. I must let him know of these copper thefts, I don't want anyone snopping around my mobile. We just got some new tenants and they have 2 boys about 13-15, saw them Saturday morning across the street breaking up hay bales with big sticks. There are some men who use these for target practice. I saw one of the boys walking around checking out everyones carport, DBF never locks up his shop.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

cindy, my advice is keep all cooper locked up

yes what Kathy said. The theft of my phone lines are suspect to be from the young kids out by moms. I am hoping that after the 4th theft, the phone company buried it deeper or put something there so they cant keep doing this. Fall break is coming up soon and these kids have no supervision at all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.