Has anyone

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

heard from our favorite Texans? I know Randy lives in Houston...wish I knew if he were OK.

Carol

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Someone else on the Texas forum has talked to him. I had his cell number and now I can't find it. Said he had to find a generator to charge his phone. Back fence is down and garden has damage. Don't know about his house. The majority of Houston still has no electricity or water. Very hit and miss. He went to his friend, Margaret's, house to wait out the storm. The airport is opening with limited flights tomorrow so maybe he will be at work with communications.

Take care,

Christi

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Thanks, PK.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Anyone heard from Jeanne and her Mom?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Making the assumption that they don't have electricity.
As large as Texas is......more than 1/3 is without power. The news shows that Ike went all the way into downtown Chicago. Someone in Cleveland Ohio is the go to person to check in. Even his yard had damage yesterday.

I am blessed....no damage whatever.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just got an email from Randy. No power and doesn't know when. The entire fence went down but no damage to the house. Which means lots of damage to the garden.

The place he originally went to for shelter had the roof damaged and water came inside. Left to go to another and had a difficult time getting there. He is fine other than shook. Said the storm stayed over them for 15-16 hours.

God help those who are trapped in this disaster.

Christi

Dallas, TX

Glad to know that Randy is ok, hope everyone else is ok too. Jerry

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Randy is posting in the Texas Forum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.