Help with wall color and curtains

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

It's time to start thinking about painting and redoing my living room. The walls are currently off cream color. My sofa is rust which I will post cushion pictures of. I MUST keep the pub table where it's located for our view while at the table. I need curtain, paint, rug, coffee table, etc ideas. I have an older shih tzu and he some times pees on the rugs when he can't wait until we're up or in the middle of the night - so rugs are hard for me. Thinking of trying the indoor/outdoor type.

I hate the green recliner. The fireplace is wonderful. I need color and not sure where to go with this. There is so much wood in the house (1910) that any thing in yellow/browns for the walls will not work. The wood is a honey oak color on floors, doors, trim. Need complete redo-

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
This thread has 93 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!