New to JM. HELP!

Jacksonville, NC(Zone 8b)

New to JM. HELP!

Thumbnail by Lynda_45

Opps! Sorry but the text didn't show up. This is my JM. Its a little over 5 Ft. I wanted to plant it today, but not sure if I should. I want it to make it through the winter. Is it too young? Next I will post where it will be planted. Its full sun all day . We had to take out another tree [ invasive roots ] and want to replace it this JM. The bare spot in the front of my house is where it will go. any suggestions or comments you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thumbnail by Lynda_45

I posted the leaf to it the other day. It seems to have changed colors since then. What can I expect for the colors during different times of the year?
Lynda

Thumbnail by Lynda_45
Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

likely red of some sort in spring then rusty gadually turning green in early summer then burnt up by sun in mid summer at least brown tips and spots...and if it has any leaves left by fall in full sun likely red of some sort... as it gets older it may do better in summer .... that would be my guess as it looks like a seedling to me and most are like that ... some have VERY little red in either spring or fall but by the looks of the late bloom you have on some branches my guess is it will color up at least ok...David

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.