CLOSED: Cute Critters Swap:) #4

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

----------------------------------------------------CLOSED-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all-I have been wanting to do this for a while now and would like to introduce the cute critters swap!! Things that can be put outside are optimal...

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/900521/

By cute critters I mean :
froggies
ladybugs
dragonflies (any cute winged creature)
butterflies
snails
bumble bees
turtles
Hummingbirds
salamnders
fishies
duckies
CUTE gators for BJ
lizards
flamingos for Kim
wormies
cute fat little piggies
swans
cute fluffy chickens
cute whimsical dragons
cute whimsical gargolyles
cute whimsical griffins
kittens
puppies

(I know I am forgetting some, so feel free to LMK what I forgot:)

There are only 2 rules:)

#1-If you detest a certain type of critter-POST IT-otherwise how will your buddy know??

#2-POST PICS when you get your items-we love to see them and your buddy will like to know that you got your stuff:)

I will take names until Labor Day (9/1) and then they will need to be mailed by 9/15.

Please Dmail me your address if I don't already have it or if it has changed:)

1. Fairy1004-Stacey-NO BUNNIES!!!!-loves turtles, snails, cute wormies-whimsical things:)
2. kimarj-Kim of the arj-salamanders, turtles, hummers
3. ****taters55-Linda Kay-aka-LK-anything w/ wings
4. ****zhinusmom-Trisha-frogs & turtles
5. luvs2garden2000-Tia-cute fluffy chickens
6. ****Darlinmoma-Tia's Moma-frogs & hummers
7. ****BJWilson-Bottles & Jars-gators, fishies, duckies
8. abbisgranma-Auntie M-loves ladybugs & bumbles
9. heavenscape-Jaye-loves frogs & lizards
10. ****purlbutrfly-Cindy-frogs, turtles, purple butters (duh)
11. 9kittymom-Susan-NOT invisable
12. Dimmer-Flamingo Kim
13. Santeelady-Melissa-BUMBLEBEES
14. jojoringer-Joey-loves piggies
15. Doe41-Audrey
16. ****zhinu-Laura-ladybugs & grifffins
17. ****Cordeledawg-butters
18. Robynznest-Robyn
19. ****catspower-swans
20. ****jordankittyjo-Kathy-AKA Missy Mini Melons-all things critter
21. ****joycet-Joyce
22. ****PlantRN-Beth
23. ****Bettypauze-BettyBoop
24. barhea7-loves any baby animals
25. 1Anjl??
26. ****ladydragon5-Janice-TinkyMama-dragons

This message was edited Sep 15, 2008 3:21 PM

Thumbnail by Fairy1004
Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm really trying to turn this computer off... but Betty won't post pics on the jar thread... so, I'm still here.

Wind is picking up though, so I don't know how long I can hold out.

I know I am ginna get Betty for making us wait like this!!LOL

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

oooh! I made it...

where is betty?

who has the coffee? I just woke up :(

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

BJ you take care dear. I have been watching all the reports from down there.....what a mess. My nephew (an Alaska Kid) is going to school at Rice in Houston. Haven't heard from him yet, which isn't surprising, but makes mum, dad, grandma and Aunties awful nervous!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Anjl I'll have a cup with up. You ready for a 2nd cup? I'm in from the garden to catch my second wind.

It has been raining here all day:( got about 4" so far according to my gauge and that is close to the house, so probably more than that....

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

BJ, please take care, turn off your computer, and get to shelter if you need too.
Linda Kay

All of you need to come up here Stacey, the fog has burned off and we have beautiful sunshine right now.....wish we could send bits of it down to surround the homes of all our sistahs in Ikes path and he could just go on around those bits of sundshine!!

I need the rain, don't get me wrong, and it is far less than some of my AUnties are getting right now...I just wanted a decent day to get some outside stuff done like my iris planted and some seeds collected and some weeding done and some moving done...

Well in that case I'd send you just a teeeeny tiiiiinnny bit o' sunshine...teeheee!

Thanks!!LOL

Oohhh my! You ladies need to keep watch! Laura and I had our critters escape today and they just might be headed your way!!! At least they have their "Helmsman" raincoats on...!!!!!

LOL-I hope they do as a lot of us are getting rained on!! Hope the mailman can catch them!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hope they're wearing their Wellies too!!

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Ok, so I feel horrible. I missed two items in the box with my critter. They were a pair of booties and a card. I took the frog out, poured the peanuts into the bag that came with the frog, I thought I had poked around, but all I found was the air pack. I am so glad I saved them for repacking other swaps and didn't throw them out. So here is the picture of the other items.

BTW, my critter has introduced himself. He is Charles Frog Prince of Finlow. As much as I tried to convince him that he needed another name, he insisted on that one. He isn't officially King yet, as his father is still alive, but he has been more or less running the country since he came of age, so it's an easy mistake to make. His subjects are the majority of the inhabitants of center pond, though there is a small country to the north that's ruled by Simon the Heron, called Beakin, most of the birds in the area pay homage to Simon.

Hope that amused you :o) but it did pretty much come to me, so who knows... He did refuse to be named anything other than Charles.

Thumbnail by zhinu
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Stacey, am I one of your aunties? I hope so, I like to see how you get all excited!
Laura, those are cute, and they'll be nice and warm this winter!

Laura-love the story!! Well, as a prince of course he would need to be decisive and insist on a very regal name;)

Audrey-why of course you are:)

Norman, OK

Laura LOL.That is such a cute story. You are so creative. And I didn't think of Charles, But that is Great. And Charles is soooo goood looking. I hope your frog grows up to be half as rich as Charles.

I hope the booties fit. They are pretty much fit 2 or 3 sizes.(give or take) You can machine wash and dry. I Wash and ware mine all the time.
My hummers are still sticking in here. I guess they don't wont to go south get because of IKE.
Everyone take care.
Darlene

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

I love those booties. I wear them all winter long. I had my mom make me some, but with my bad feet I can't wear them anymore :( That is also my fav color.

My fave in the winter are those fuzzy soft socks-the ones made from the eylash stuff of whatever-do you know the ones I am talking about??

Yea, I know but can't think of the name of the yard. It's really, really soft right?

YUP!! I LOVE those!! So if moma wants to send me some for like my Bday or Xmas I wouldn't send em back!!LOL

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

WOW mom you are up early. he he he, I have 3 pairs of them booties, still not enough and I wear mine all the time, mom even goes outside in hers. I dont. My Papa Joe(my moms dad) always said to keep your feet warm. Every time I put my booties on I think of him.

soooo-what would I have to do to get some fuzzy booties?? LOL

What color?

Why purple of course!!LOL

I love to wear stuff like that in winter, but my problem is my cat likes to spill his water, just to watch it splash, and then run! And of course, I step in it before I realise it's there! They ARE nice and cozy, though! I'm with Stacey, I like purple best!

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh Stacey are they crochet or knitted or just cloth?????

I'm back, DBF decided right at the last minute he wanted to go to Sam's club, so that he could get back to finish working on the jeep. Went to Hometown Buffet yum yum.

The bootie slippers my mom makes are knitted, they only take her 1 day to make a pair.

Tina-the ones I get are from like walmart or whereever, but my mom has knitted me scarves like it w/ baby yard and the fuzzy yarn, but she doesn't have any patterns for socks and now that she is working again doesn't have a whole lot of time for stuff like that..

Audrey-that is why I have my water dish on an animal mat w/ a lip-it was like $3, and worth EVERY penny since my dog is a slob when hydrating!!

If you mean a lip on the dish, his has one, he just likesa to see the water move!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Audrey, I guess if you got a gold fish he'll go completely bonkers wouldn't he?

No-it is on a pet mat that has a small lip-kinda looks like a floor mat for the back seat of your car...has Scooby doo on mine;)

Pangburn, AR(Zone 7b)

I am still wondering if my critter buddy got the package yet. I don't want that fudge to go bad. I haven't heard anything from her.
I was in the woods and on the roof all morning. Had my 4-wheeler out picking up limbs. The old TV antena that was on the house when we bought it fell right across the roof. So up the ladder I go. Cut the 3 remaining guide wires and managed to lift the 20' antena off the roof and throw it to ground. Thought while I was up there I might as well finish cleaning the gutters, so all the gutters are done! Then I thought I might as well trim more branches hanging over the house, so all that is done now. Got all the branches and leaves off the roof. I even hung my Christmas lights along the front of the house.
Then back on my 4-wheeler with a shovel. Went all the way to the back of our property behind the pond and dug up some shrubs/bushes that have little clusters of light purple berries. I had gone to KA mini RU, and she had one of those shrubs. It was beautiful! I was 4-wheeling and stopped dead in in my tracks. I found about 8 of them. Had my little shovel I always carry on the 4-wheeler, so I started digging. I will go back tomorrow with a bigger shovel and a pry bar to get the rest of them. I was just so excited!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

So, wonder what that mystery shrub is that's growing wild in Cat's woods?/???

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Just so everyone is aware, I'm going to post this on 3 different swap threads.

JoJo went to a safe place away from the storm. Conroe is without power and water, and will be for some time. As soon as it's safe to take her kids back home, she will.

Here's what JoJo has been up against. First, a tree tried to move in with her by way of coming through the window. She had to move everything from one side of the house to the other. Just as she got that repaired, and was in the midst of putting her house back together, her in laws moved in from Louisiana to escape Gustav. Right after they left, she and Zeke came down with strep throat and probably a sinus infection. She was just feeling better when Ike forced her to pack and leave for safer shelter.

In the course of all that, the birdhouse she made her buddy was cracked. She thinks she might be able to fix it, but she won't know for sure until she gets home. She worked hard on it, and is sick about it. If it's not repairable, she will build another one. So, she's asking her buddy to please be patient. That's on her list of things to do when she gets home right after fixing her fence that Ike broke.

She made her jar for the Glass Jar Swap, and I think I remember her saying it's finished. But, again, she actually has to be home in order to mail it... so, she ask her buddy to please be patient.

Critter Swap Buddy... she never got the chance to get started on it. She wants to purchase something to send you. But wouldn't it more special from JoJo to get her handiwork straight from her work shop? I know she wants to please you with something special... so, if you would be very patient, she'll get on it as soon as she can.

I think I've contacted all the hosts for these swaps, and we have decided to send you a little something to tide you over until JoJo can get her life back. She's trying, really she is.

Norman, OK

OMG Catspower I am hurting all over hearing about everything you did in one day? Are you superwoman?

bjwilson, I have a sister we call JoJo. I love her to dearly. She's also my best friend.
I'm sorry to hear about all your JoJo has had to go thru. I hope her and her family is ok.
Ole Ike did a job on Huston and suranding areas. I watched it all night on tv. Watch Haroldo (don't know how to spell his name) get blown down. He's dumber than a goose, don't know when to get out of the rain. But he will do anything to get a story.
Darlene ps my spell check is not working with this so excuse my spelling.

OMG-you had me snorting about Geraldo!!! ROFL!!!

And yes cat-can you bring some of that ambition over to my house please??

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Darlinmoma, that's whom we've been chatting about on our Sweet Interruption thread... so true about Geraldo.. like the energizer bunny.. keeps on going..and no brains at all!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.