Varigated Hala Leaves vs. ....

Kaneohe, HI

Hello

Is anyone familiar with the hala leaf (varigated) and the "flax yellow wave?" They look alike, but I'm wondering if the flax yellow wave has the same characteristics of the hala leaf w/o the thrones of the hala? I'm interested in it for growing for floral arrangements and wants something that will last and keep it's shape for at least 1 week.

Help please!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I grow the variegated hala and it has no thorns... In fact, there are two forms one with reversed variegation from the other. It is easy to grow...while I have a problem with flax in that it is not cold enough where i live (about 900' on E. Hawaii).

Carol

Kaneohe, HI

AlohaHoya,
Do you know where I can get that plant to grow? The hala w/o the thorns? I live in Kaneohe and the only ones I find have the thorns. Please let me know.
Mahalo

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Let me see how hard it is to dig up and I could send you a clump. They grow really fast!

Kaneohe, HI

Thank you. Please let me know. I also saw a previous thread re: a friend of yours who has a nursery that sells tropical flowers. I'm interested in buying different gingers/heliconia's for our farm as we sell cut tropical flowers. Do they have a website? Thanx for your help!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.