How many ways can you make compost

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

No mater how I try it, it all comes out beautiful black gold.I have tried rolling every thing from one section to the other, and it comes out beautiful.I have also been very bed ridden, and the instructions I gave DW went right by her, and all she did was put kitchen scraps in, and cover it up. When I recovered , and was able to make it to the compost, the top looked like a rubish pile, but I took the fork, and discovered something wonderful.By her leaving the pile unturned, she called the most worms I have ever seen in my compost pile.From her, I learned that putting fresh cut grass on top, and let it get cool, the worms would do their thing.So, there is no set formular for good compost.Let me hear from you.We might learn a better way to compost.
Mike

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Mike, glad to hear your better now.

The last couple of times, I've just dumped kitchen scraps ontop the pile. Hopefully, no varmits show up.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Good job, Mike. Those worms are wonderful little creatures! :)

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, now I am a vericomposter, and do all I can to "prepair" the compost for them, by letting it go through the heat before giving the compost to the worms.
Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.