OMG! NOW WHAT?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i hear one of my eggs peeping! this is my first time. what do i do? someone please help

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I dont know hopefully one that has experience here will pipe in. Good Luck

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks tia, i'm soooo eggcited!

(Zone 7b)

I'm lost fill me in Are they in and incu?? Is it peeping thru a pecked hole??? is it time for them to hatch??

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

they are in the bator, anddue to hatch monday. there is no hole yet, but i can here it peeping

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Very excited for you! Sorry I can't be of help but still here for you!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i'm just pacing the floor. have errands to run, but am afraid to leave

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

I'm going to check out some of the other threads to see if I can find any pointers for you. Wish I could be more help!

Clarkson, KY

For the most part mine have taken hours to do anything. I'd run now and get back ASAP. G'luck!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks, i'll run and be right back. oh my, i hope it is ok.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/892829/
Here's claire's experience with eggs pipping-go 3/4 down. Hope this helps!
I love this feeling like we are all in the waiting room waiting for the doc to come out and say, It's a girl!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks for the link. i'm so nervous
here is a picture. no hole yet

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
(Zone 7b)

Please Calm Down This is normal and is nothing to worry about.
Eggs peep and can start peeping a few days before they hatch it just means hes getting ready. Most don't realize that a hen talks to her bittys and they talk back BEFORE they hatch if you will watch a hen about a few days before they hatch you will see her on the nest makeing soft noises in fact she is talking to her eggs and yes a egg is very porous and they can hear her.
This is why when hatch they already know her voice and react to it and they are already a bonded family because they can hear each other.
Your incu chick is just sayin i'm here and i'm comin hey bro/sis can you hear me. I've noticed in my incu that the first one that hatches will go to the other piped eggs as if to comfort them and say hey i'm here come on out.
So Jordan calm down it will be just fine just wait and in no time your babys will hatch.

Please don't attempt to open the egg it is not in distress and it's normal.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks harmony. now maybe i can run to the store without feeling guilty. as i said, this is my first hatch and am very unsure and nervous. i want to be a good mommy

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Ok! Love that they can hear you in the egg. I can just picture myself talking to unhatched eggs just so the chicks would recognize my voice!!

You're going to make a great mom!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i just sang to it. i can't wait to hold it

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

What song?!

(Zone 7b)

As precaution note always keep a good record of the date you set your incubator.
Eggs can start piping in 20 to 21 days and yes its a sometimes long process ive had them pop right out and had others lay peeping thru a small hole for hours before they hatch.
Hatching is a normal process and there is basicaly nothing you can do except watch it happen.
Try not to be overly nervous and want to help i usally will check temp and walk away for and hour then check back and knowin theres nothing i can help with but still us moms we are the protecters and men think they are. GOOD LUCK! and calm be calm and it will be okay go to town shop ease your mind relax............*Harmony*

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

it has been 18 days. i sang rock abye chickie

(Zone 7b)

Still some time to go then and how cute to sing to and egg.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

about how long do you think?

lol how cute. gosh all you guys hatching makes me want to get a bator. NOT yet tho, I do not want to winter chicks. I will wait until spring, but I hope my girls will help me with that, lord knows I have enough bantams. i should be guaranteed at least 20 broody's if not more.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Here a chick, there a chick, everywhere a chick chick!
How about chicken truck! Although in that song the driver is eating KFC so it might be scary to the chicks!

(Zone 7b)

They could start as early as sunday sometimes mine start a day early and it runs into the next day so i had chicks all dried out and in my brooder and others still hatching.
I think the hatch varies according to the temp they were in in the incu and it can vary from egg to egg. My fawn duckwings have very strong genetics and they all hatch first but my black brassy backs were slow to hatch i sold them this past spring they had bad genetics and gave a poor hatch.

Clarksburg, MO

Jordan-

It could be 2 days til it is out. So much excitement when they start peeping. Most of mine will peep for about 3 or 4 hours then pip (make a small hole in the shell) then hatch anywhere from right away to 12 hours. Have had some pipped for 24 hours before hatching. when you here peeping it means they have broken the membrane and are breathing the air in the aircell. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sheila

(Zone 7b)

Good Luck with your chicks Jordan it was nice helping you

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks harmony, i'll let you know what happens

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i can't hear the chick anymore. is it dead?

I have heard that they stop chirping and take a rest, so maybe everything is ok.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thanks tia

your welcome sweety, good mornin, glad you DGD is ok. I am only going on what I have read here, I know nothing about it.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

but you make me feel better

awwwwwwwwwww

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well?

yea well??????

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

yeah i'm waiting to know too, r u a mommy yet???? is everything ok??? sorry, i just found this post. if u need help or something u think is wrong please post and i'll help u through it.
silkie

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

well... we're all waiting at the edges of our seats...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

tapping fingers here...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

nothing, i hear nothing from any of the eggs. what happened?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

can you candle? what day is it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.