compare spaces

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Anyone still have spring pictures?
Remember the "longview thread"?
Want to do a comparison of spaces since may?
This is my May- September shot

Thumbnail by ge1836
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Doesn't it just amaze you when you look back at the early spring pics. It happens so slowly that you really don't see how much until the pics are compared. Your bed is looking good, full and healthy with plenty of september color.
http://ngam.winkflash.com/
Check the monthly Garden Pics folder for the changes in my garden if you wish to see how things have changed around here over time.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks ngam. Those are great pics.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my first one... I did take pictures a few weeks ago thinking about this

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I haven't gotten around to taking some of the other beds yet

kind of pieced together three photos (not perfect) together

Thumbnail by onewish1
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW Onewish. Those are wonderful.
It takes so much paytience to see the plan realized. Your walls and gardens are fantastic.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you... and that section is the fullest out of all the beds we made

hate to admit this... but there really was no plan... I just planted what I liked

:)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats my plan too.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and usually when I bought it.... no plan is my plan

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Beautiful Allison!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks... I was actually wondering around that area ... trying to figure out to convince honey to make one of those beds larger... LOL

actually this one in the photo.... but I keep thinking about moving all those plants that were put there and are short... and would have to be moved to the "new" front

can't even imagine how to pitch this to him though... has to be a good reason why that I can't think of YET

:)

Thumbnail by onewish1
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Looking Good
Coming right along.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

How do you split the pics like that??

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

This is what it looked like before.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Still a work in progress, everything is so teeny tiny. Everything in this bed was from either the RU or my neighbor.
I originally had another arborvitae on the right corner but it died, oh well, I replaced it with a crape myrtle, surrounded it with 2 cut plastic pots since it was still on the small side.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

looking good Jen... the program is called fotofusion

http://www.lumapix.com/

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Love the shape of that garden. Fits really nicely with the background.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Probably be a little helpful if I told everyone what's planted in there.
Sedum-autumn joy, blue fescue, yellow iris(noid), lacey something daylily(the tag's outside), black eyed stella daylily, mum( also have the tag but don't feel like getting up right now to find the name :) ), hen and chicks, a pine in the top point, poppies, I scattered some rudebekia seeds in spots, I want to see if they'll come up.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Sounds great,cant wait for spring2009

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh yeah, I'm also going to be planting some tulip bulbs in there next month and I have a gazillion annual seed packs I have to sort thru to see what can go in there.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Will you be winter-sowing those seeds then, Allison?

I feel like such a dufus(sp). When I first heard about winter-sowing, I thought you just put the seeds in the beds in the fall, etc. Then, I looked it up and lo and behold a whole new world of gardening. I am planning on doing some this year. Question - can the containers sit on a deck or should they be on the ground by a south-facing wall?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jen.. mine were up on the deck last year... I am doing some seeds outside & tons inside

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jan did you see this thread about fall seeding?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/903535/

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oops... sorry... that was supposed to be Jan... not Jen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yeah, I figured.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

never said I was awake

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hee hee, maybe remnants of your fever.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you are right... this cold is still kicking my butt... I am ready to go to bed now

:(

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks Jen. Yep, I mean Jen. lol
That's great info. I'll have to tuck that into my puny brain too. Lots of things to try.
Get your sleep, Allison.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.