Hot, Flat, and Crowded

Cleveland area, OH(Zone 5b)

I heard an interview on Fresh Air on Monday evening with writer Thomas Friedman, talking about his new book titled, you guessed it, "Hot, Flat, and Crowded." Here's a link to the interview, it's about 35 minutes.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94385403

I had never heard of him, but he was a firecracker! I'm definitely going to have to read the book. He talks about how climate change (HOT), the movement into the middle class by formerly poor countries (FLAT), and population growth (OVERCROWDED) have all converged at this moment in earth's history to create a situation that cries out for a green revolution. There's no way I could do justice in this comment, I was enthralled at how he had tied all of our socio - economic - political issues all over the world together through these issues. It was the kind of thing where you listen and are struck with the clarity so that you have to smack your forehead.

Did anyone else hear it?

This thread has 41 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!