rosa 'Duchesse d' Angouleme'

Chillicothe, OH

I have a gardening book from the UK which discusses small gardens, and it mentions this rose but does not supply a photo. I am living in the US, but have ancestral ties to Angouleme. Can anyone from the UK, France or familiar with those places help me: a) find this rose's American name if it has one, b) find a source for purchasing it, and/or c) supply a picture and/or any information on it?

It would be especially great if I could find someone who has it growing in their garden, who could tell me something about it. I don't even know if it's new, older, a HT, an OGR, or a species!

Melis, writing this in the rose arbor, under a spreading R. vielchenblau.

(Rosie) Belturbet, Ireland

It's a Gallica Melis - very nice and actually Duchesse d'Angoulême http://www.classicroses.co.uk/roses/d/duchesse_dangouleme.html ship them to US and have a nice pic too.

:-)) Rosie

This message was edited Sep 8, 2008 7:26 AM

Chillicothe, OH

Rosie, Thank you so much! How wonderful that it's a beautiful rose as well! I love it! i've been wanting a rose to put in a container. Looks like this one will do it perfectly.

Again, thank you.

Melis

(Rosie) Belturbet, Ireland

I had a few Gallica roses before I moved from the UK but had to leave them behind :-(( It was a good site for me to find also Melis as now I know where to get some replacements.
:-))
Rosie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.