I'm starting to put some of mine to sleep now...

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Anyone else beginning to rest some of theirs? Not all but some of mine are in the dry out phase currently.

Ewing, VA

Hi Tommy! Not quite yet here in this part of VA. We are still enjoying late summer weather with high 80s and low 60s. My hippies are still actively growing and some even bloomed. I usually start putting the ammies to rest when the temp lows would be in the lower 50s. Nov. 1 is my cut-off date if ever. The hippies are showing signs of their upcoming rest with shorter and thicker leaves though. Some are starting to lose (yellowing) their lowest leaves. By last week of October, they will receive their last dose of systemic insecticide and fungicide before they are put to rest.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for replying!

Ladson, SC

I put mine to sleep when a hurricane comes near.

I stop watering in Nov. I usually have blooms in Jan.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I stop when a freeze will be very soon. They all get cut down and put in a storage space kinda like a basement in the dark. And they swap with my SA glads that come up to the warmth and light and water.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

I am just waking mine up! Mine were green all winter and spring then put in a sheltered place outside where they were left to go dry. They lost their leaves by July. I just brought them in last week, repotted and started watering again..several are starting to spike. Most flower November to January...I try to time them for the Christmas season.

Inneresting. I really need them to flower in the late winter early spring to cheer me up. Do you have many, Todd?

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

About 15....none of the fancy ones, just those I could buy locally

I think they are all fancy! I adore my Apple Blossom just as much as my cybisters!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.