Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

My roses are still going strong

Disneyland Rose

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Noid rose and a cosmos by the pond

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The best 12.95 I ever spent. Here is Nicole still fantastic!
Great rose.. I have two now may add a third before to long!
The best!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Beahive your roses are beautiful! Yellow and pink roses are always my favorites. That Disneyland one is very pretty : )

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I wonder if your NOID is 'Babyface' - sweet scent? Your Nicole is wonderful.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Lovely roses Beahive, mine are all blooming more as they always do that in the fall after our rains. This is a shot I took of Dream Weaver yesterday.

Thanks for the kind comments of my view. Yes it is my back yard. I have views of mts. all around as there are 3 ranges surrounding the area I live in. My favorite is from the front porch but can't find the photo quickly. If you want to see my flickr photos click on my name and the link on my memberpage.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch

That's amazing. Dream Weaver, that is!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

It blooms all summer, but in the Spring and Fall they are all in bouquets. I just cut one branch and sit them in a vase, add some blue salvia and it is a nice arrangement. Sorry never thought to take a photo of them.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

This finally bloomed last night. I have another one that is going to probably open tomorrow night. Lots of buds.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Ah, lovely!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7b)

I like this combo of Rudbeckia Triloba and hardy Ageratum that's currently blooming. (Although the purple in the ageratum really is hard to photograph it really doesn't show up right!)

Thumbnail by erdooley
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

what a great color combination.

Bay Village, OH

I've been waiting for a long time for this little turtlehead to show. It peaked out when we were powerless for so long after the big blow but I still wanted to upload it.

Thumbnail by QuoiMerrie
Kannapolis, NC

Lilimerci: Your moonflower is beautiful! I love moonflowers.

QuoiMerrie: I've been undecided about chelone, but your photo has made my decision for me.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The toad lilies have finally bloomed

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I had a very late bloom on my Clematis.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

That's crazy, Bea - usually your stuff is way before mine. My toad lilies bloomed a month ago and are pretty much finished now. Don't you just love them?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Toad Lilies are a favorite of mine too.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Katie..its the first time I have grown toad lilies. They were a nice surprise when I found the buds and even more so when they bloomed. Very pretty little flower.

I love the toad lilies. Very pretty.

Here are tehe Spanish Flag Vines. Their leaves took over my mailbox this summer and I waited and waited for blooms and now they are blooming like crazy. Hope they will produce lots of seeds.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Kannapolis, NC

Nicole: How lovely the Spanish Flag vines are! Great with the black-eyed susan vine.

Hello Angie, I love the black eyed susan vine. This is my first year growing it. I wonder if it will come back. I hand pollinated the flowers. They bloom profusely but no seed. I have a few not yet ripe seed pods on there now and hope that the deer doesn't eat them.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Love that toad lily, never seen one "in person" LOL! My roses continue to bloom and reblooming iris are still at it too. Sorry that didn't turn the photo! I never have to do it manually so don't know what the problem is.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2008 11:49 AM

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Kannapolis, NC

Nicole: Did the Gerbera seeds germinate? I haven't even tried mine yet.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Mums are looking pretty nice now too.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch

Thank heavens for mums, or I'd be pretty bare...

Football mums - I want to say "Quarterback", maybe.

Thumbnail by Pagancat
Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

We've been having consistently cold nights now, so most everything is wiped out here. I do have some Million Bells in containers close to the house that are still blooming. I really love them! I am definitely going to grow more next year. Does anyone think I could overwinter some indoors? Bea I think we have the same toadlily, do you know what it is? Mine is a noid, it was just labeled T. hirta, here's mine before the frost got it. : )

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Angie, I put those Gerber Daisy seeds in the dirt in one of my container. It did not come up but who knows, it might surprise me next year in the spring. Meredith & BeaHive - I love the spots on the toad lilies.

My zinnias are still blooming but all the leaves have rusts on them. I don't know if it's because of my husband watering the lawn that caused this problem or something I did. It's been very good up until about 3 weeks ago - which happens to coincide with my DH watering his precious aerated lawn.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

We have had a couple frosts , but I still have a few things blooming.
The tea roses are still at it.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

some mums

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

zebrina mallow it is rather late this year

Thumbnail by gardengus
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I have a tiny zebrina that came up in the flagstone walkway and it is blooming now even though it is short. This morning glory was planted late and in an area that was shadier than I thought so it just started blooming.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Looks like it is trying to make up for being late. Quite Beautiful

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

cp -- is that Heavenly Blue?? I have those and they are gorgeous!! late bloomers for me too, and here - problem with that is.. i dont get many seeds. I love the huge flowers and the Blue is stunning.

I haven't been able to find *any* seeds on mine - it was a volunteer (under a birdhouse) so I figured it could be sterile... ?

I don't have any seeds from my Heavenly Blue either.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I did get only a few seeds this year... last year a few.... well, lets see... total of 52 as that is what i was giving away this year. compared to other MG's, that is pitiful. I have gathered thousands of GrandPa Otts in the 2 yrs i've had them.

52 are pretty good - compared to zero....

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

yeah... i guess so. [i know 20 or so were from last year... somewhere that 30 came in, and just 2 the other day]

I'm going to try new colors next year... even though i love the blue.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.