Fall- What do you have blooming?

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

The other thread was getting long.
My sunflower is one of the multi- branching type and has over 40 open faces today.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Since these are on my neighbors side of our garden... I'm assuming it's a Zinnia ... possibly a "dwarf" ?
very cute though.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Don'tcha love the sunflowers when they're in bloom? Here's one of mine.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

The Common Asters are starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

This is the Morning Glory 'Yellow Trumpet' (Ipomoea hederifolia Lutea) from Diane's Seeds. I love it! Small flowers

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

What's late summer without Black-Eyed Susans?

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

And, I'll throw in some Zinnias for good measure!

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

PrSue .... are those Zinnias Purple and white, or is it just the way the sun is hitting them?

very purrrrdddy flowers!!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Ha! I didn't even realize that! Actually, they're hot pink/magenta, and yes, it is the sun.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

My Salvias are up and running after a brief hiatus.... coneflowers and Rubdeckias are only barely going after a big performance. I put in Zinnias really really late, don't think I'll get anything off of them before frost (sniff).

Portulaca - man, you just can't beat these for blooming their heads off, can you?

Thumbnail by Pagancat
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

New (for me) plant - Autumn Joy sedum, in between a sweet 'tater vine and smoke bush.

Ooops - new program - sorry! Just tilt your head to the left, ha...

Thumbnail by Pagancat
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Tammy, nice portulacas! I love them because they're bright and tough. I let them self-sow everywhere.

Here's one of my Penstemon 'Scarlet' that I winter sowed this year. Can't wait until next year when it really blooms!

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Not a great picture, but finally the Salvia 'Coral Nymph' that I got from Illoquin started to bloom! I winter sowed these, also.

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

PrSue -- oh heck.... ihave those in my garden too!!

when i saw them last week - i was asking myself what the heck they were.
now that i see the name, I'm sure i got mine from Suzy too. I WS'ed sooooo much stuff this year, half i which i have no idea what they are, as i lost my spreadsheet [have to re-do it]

they are cute, aren't they?

Terese

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I don't have a picture , but my ageratum is really pretty.. It reseeds itself..

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

I was just thinking "wow no ones posting their new blooms" and found you all here : )
Can you believe my tithonia just started? Some one else was talking about collecting their seeds already!

Thumbnail by Meredith79

A new one for me hardy ageratum : )

Thumbnail by Meredith79

My new clara curtis from bluestone.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Moy Grande

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Lord Baltimore

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Sedum Autumn Joy

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Sunset Hyssop

Thumbnail by Meredith79
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Meredith, Is that Moy Grande a hardy hibiscus.?.. I can't tell.. It's beautiful!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

That Hyssop is beatiful. I want to try some next year. They like dry sun, right?

Thank you guys and yes and yes : )

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

The little tea roses are loving the resent rain

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

First year for the pink lobelia.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I wondered why the insects were not all over the Garlic chives and took a closer look .

Thumbnail by gardengus
Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

A nice pink mum I received from Suzy (Illoquin) this spring.

Thumbnail by gardengus
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Meredeth, how old is your Sunset Hyssop?

i grew mine by seed this year and they are quite tiny still, though they did bloom.

I can't wait til mine are as gorgeous as yours.

Terese

tcs, lol they are only 2 - I grew them from seed last year. So yours should look like mine next year. I found that the spots that I had three planted in a triangle close together look the best (my spacing measurements are usually as long as my spade, including the handle or two spades or half my spade, lol - I think these were half my spade apart in a triangle.) It makes them look shrub like. : )

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Gus - I love your mantis!!!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

My roses are all blooming more now that we had our end of summer rains. Most of my plants bloom all year but oxalis blooms all spring, dies back for the summer and comes back in the fall. It will be here until Nov when we usually get our first freeze.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

The rains in August always bring out millions of native sunflowers all over our state. This is a shot of my back yard. I cut the hollyhocks back to the ground in July when they are very tall and done blooming. They are all coming back now, about 3 feet tall and some starting to bloom again. There are also some zinnias in this shot and some of the wild sunflowers.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I wish we had time in our growing season for hollyhocks to come back!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

This is a shot of the wild sunflowers out along the back of our property.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

cactuspatch, what an incredible view - right in your backyard? WOW!

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

cactuspatch,
so neat to see what's going on in another zone..
and ditto on the beautiful view.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh, I looked at the picture several times already. Just can't get over the view. I can imagine waking up to that in the morning, having a cup of coffee. Or seeing the sun set in the early evening. How did you find such a place? Have you lived in NM all your life?

Oh cactus patch that's a beautiful photo! It reminds me of the time I visited someone in Durango, CO and she had me fly in to the Albuquerque airport. She suggested it so I could enjoy the ride, and I did it is so beautiful out there. It's amazing New England is even in the same country, I felt like I was on another planet, never having seen a place like that before! : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.