Fibromyalgia and artificial sweetners

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Stopping in to ask question of folks with fibro. The rheumatologist didn't know, the pharmacist didn't know etc. I know that I rarely check in here, spend "health" time at clinics, labs, Naps or no sleep etc.!
I know that aspartamane in its various names have given me horrendous headaches (found that out years ago.) I know that some docs are trying to get warnings etc on this stuff as (ex: certain temp bring out its' more toxic effect...with little success.

Question: Most of the folk I know with fibro (me waving hand) and have chatted briefly with others, are women...women are more likely to use artificial sweetners (lots of fans at Weight Watchers when I was there). Just was wondering if there is enough of an overlap for some interested researcher to take on and maybe make a difference. I know that men have it, just haven't talked to any.
Fibro cost me my career, negatively affected my relationships with family, friends, ability to travel etc.
If there is a correlation, want to know about it..
I had to go on disability in my 40s..wasn't ready to retire, after working my way through 6 years of college to do what I wanted to do.

Would appreciate any feedback. Live near UW..might be able to waylay one of the docs, if I get any info and bribe them to look into it. I don't believe that this is "just a thing" that happens. Bribes are usually plants or cookies (not with Nutrasweet)
Thanks for reading.
Marcia

This thread has 37 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!