Theme - Autumn Shades

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You won't find better autumn shades then we got during our drive this weekend - 5 1/2 hrs. out and the same back but got some good shots on the way home, I drove the whole way out and Steve drove back and I had camera in hand and am impressed with the shots through the closed window! This is my fall contribution!

Thumbnail by haighr
london England, United Kingdom

How beautiful Candee, what a great shot! Thanks for sharing.

South, TX

How gorgeous! Love those fall colors, Haighr!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well I am tired and cannot pic one to post so am gonna post all, the dahlia is actually more orange than pink, but could not quite capture that shade, the gourds were picked up in OH on our trip this past wknd.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

And 2 - The dahlia is orange and pink it is a beauty

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Anda 3

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Almost the end, did send a dmail to mittsy as she sent the seeds for the lovely zinnias. Do wish the orange in the dahlia had shown better.

Thumbnail by haighr
South, TX

How lovely! Such pretty colors!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks Sally, the gourds are really interesting and the fall colors in the zinnias just set it off. I like this one about as well as any previously made and it was just thrown together.

Whoo hoo! Look at those funky gourds. They look amaising!!! I want them !! what a great find Candee. Lovely Autumn platter, it's great. I wonder if they have a virus or something? the colours and textures are just fabulous........
These would give Miss Bruggy some competition I can tell you!!!
Thank you, nice surprise today.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks, perhaps when they retire from the arrangement they will be looking for another line of work???

BTW, I promised Mittsy to dry some seeds for her, she was kind enough to explain the process to me, would be happy to send some your way if you want?

This message was edited Oct 14, 2008 12:46 PM

Are you allowed to send seeds? Thanks, they are lovely Zinnias.
I really want to grow Gourds like those next year, I just love them. Such a clever idea to use them for an Autumn platter in your grand dish.

It would be a shame to make only 1 arrangement with the gorgeous gourds, wouldn't it? !!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL, Terri, you know I can do anything! of course I can send seeds, the trick for me is harvesting the seeds at the "ripe" time.
Sure I will make another while the gourds are still firm but the zinnias seem to last forever, I do mean weeks, and even if they run out of water? So may be a while before I change this one.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

I think I've died and gone to heaven. Autumn is such a beautiful season and you all have captured it in your arrangements. Terri, love all the combinations in your demonstration pics. All of your arrangements are beautiful as well, my favorite is the rolled begonia leaves and nasturtiums. How clever!

Sally, I absolutely love your slate dish. It's gorgeous and the flowers are just perfect. They don't overwhelm the beautiful dish. Lovely roses too!

SW, lovely profusion of colors from your arrangement. Not the typical fall colors but they do give an autumn feel. All from your garden? Very nice!!! That photo of a rose is perfect! Love the color contrast in your photo. That rose looks almost black, is it Black Magic? You should sell that one!

Candee, love how you used the cattails and grass in the first arrangement. The pine cones are great. . .never thought to use them in an autumn arrangement. Thanks for the idea. . .will have to store it in my memory though. Haven't the time to do this. I do have some silk autumn flowers I plan to put together for all souls day. Too bad they're not fresh flowers. Oh yes, almost forgot, love your huge dahlias. They are beautiful. And those gourds have the most interesting texture.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Lovely arrangements everyone. We got our first rains here today, so many of my remaining flowers will be gone soon. So, it was nice looking at all of the wonderful autumn arrangements here.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Hi karma, thanks so much. The gourds are still doing great and the zinnias believe it or not are as lovely as the day I cut them as we speak! The dahlias are now long gone the frost got them good so in came the tubers until next season.
Will be awaiting to see your fall arrangement sure it will be lovely in silk.
I got the pinecomb idea from one of Terri's arrangements, most of my ideas come after seeing one of hers LOL! Thief in the night here.
Thanks Dianne, you better get picking, from what I see on the other thread you have dahlias and such to gather for one more huge arrangement.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2008 7:50 AM

Thanks Karma and Dianne.
My flowers are almost gone, but hope to make something else before the year is out!!

Faded ferns, nasturtiums,pinecones,lanterns in glass vase.

Thumbnail by terriculture

view from above...

Another one with cornus and Choisya leaves.

South, TX

So pretty! My nasturtiums are planted now. They have come up
too. I also have three plants I bought.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great Terri, my ferns didn't look that good when they were green and in the garden! How do you do it?

Hi Sally, Thank you! Good to hear you got your nasturtiums planted. Have you still got flowers in the garden?

Hi Candee, Thank you!! well, I just can't help being wonderful hahahahha!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

And that you are!

South, TX

Terri, yes. I have been planting our fall, winter, spring flowers. Replaced the annuals that are heat loving. This is our best time of year!

Here is my Grandmother's vase with some of my flowers. This vase is so pretty, much darker than the photo. My Nana died at age 93 a couple of years ago. I miss her terribly.

I just had a birthday on the 19th. My mother found a card from Nana and sent it to me!

Here is the vase. I have a little parrot, so it is neat. She loved birds and so do I.

PS, I have no idea why this pic. is blurry here...

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008 11:17 AM

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms

Hi Sally, What a lovely vase of flowers, especially as it was your Nana's vase. love the old style vases!
My Grandma had a collection of stuff like that, she was 98! Loved her so much and still miss her.
Happy belated Birthday, hope you had a great day! Are the flowers from your garden???? so beautiful!!
Thanks for the treat.

South, TX

Yes, the flowers are from my garden. Strawflowers, Nasturtiums, Pansies and Cuban Pea vine flowers.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008 3:27 PM

You are so lucky to have those flowers in your garden! Is the Pea vine blue? just beautiful!

I was at an Art gallery today, it is in the middle of a park. There were so many birds near the pond and on the tree above. It looked a bit scary like 'The Birds' Lol

The ducks were hungry too!

These Autumn shades and trees reminded me of Candee's garden!

Nice trees...

Colourful shrubs

This was in bud, can't remember the name if it!

More trees!

Splash of Autumn colour! This is the local swimming pool.

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008 10:53 PM

Part of the gallery.... We had a good day out!

South, TX

Terri, nice pictures, WOW, lots of birds! Yes, the blue is a Cuban Pea vine flower. The color is amazing!

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms

Such a gorgeous blue, I haven't seen Cuban Pea vine flower before! I wonder if it would grow here?
I would like more blue flowers and that one is a beauty. Thanks Sally.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is lovely sally, such a deep blue, reminds me of a blue delphinium I once had. Interesting building that houses the pool Terri, colorful.
Sally I love the vase and the parrot and flowers, so springy as I am watching snow flurries!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is my autumn shades, this was at the cabin 3 weeks ago and the pears were so heavy on the tree it could have toppled over. The next weekend there was not a pear to be seen - guess the deer had a field day and likely belly aches for a while.

Thumbnail by haighr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.