Theme - Autumn Shades

london England, United Kingdom

The theme for this month at the flower club I go to is Autumn Shades.
Only four arrangements to see in the competion entries, I think some members are away on holidays.

This arrangement had roses, sunflowers, crocosmia seed pods,chinese lanterns and foliage

Thumbnail by terriculture

Carnations, berries and foliage

Red hot poker, carnations celosa,foliage and a piece of wood sitting on a glass vase.

Sunflowers,ornamental cabbages, chinese lanterns,roses, dreid palm leaves,pinecones and conifer.
This is mine!!

The demonstrator made six arrangements, but my camera ran out of battery after I photographed three!
Her theme was 'Light my fire'!

This one she used a shopping bag,.... shopping lights her fire!
Lilies, bells of Ireland, black stems (they dont show up on the photo)

Inspired by a glass perfume bottle, dahlia,roses and freesias

Pedestal arrangement, roses, dahlias, carnations, rosehips, crocosmia seed pods and foliage.
I was lucky to win this one in the raffle!

Here it is on the table in my garden.

Looking forward to seeing everyones Autumn Shades!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Looks like your class members are being inspired by your work, much like I have been. Their arrangements are beginning to become displays as well. I like the one particularly with the wood in the vase, neat design.
Yours is splendid with the pinecombs and quite the centerpiece.
What a great theme "lite my fire" LOL. That centerpiece you did is fabulous, lovin the colors and all the different variety of flowers. Again they are getting better, the bag is a neat idea and is sparkling, but yours takes the prize again!!!

Too kind dear!!!! Thanks.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL would you expect any less from me "mother earth" herself!!! LOL, you know saint of all saints, just kidding you know. I am not being partial, yours really stand out above the others always.

(Zone 6a)

I love your arrangement Terri!!! It's very fresh and original!! Most of the other ones are nice but all sort of look the same. tee hee.

Steven

(Zone 6a)

Just have to add I love the kale and sunflower heads!!!

South, TX

A quick arrangement I made yesterday.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Nice one Sally, what is that on??? Looks like flat stones? Love the black as a contrast.

South, TX

It is a slate rock with a built in vase with a frog inside for flowers. There is a polished area for a little "pond" with the rocks and dragonfly.

This is really large. I also have a small one.

Hubby and I bought them at an art festival in July.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great purchase, love that concept of slate, what a great arrangement it produces. I bet it is quite heave to tote around.

South, TX

Yes, it is heavy! So is my largest flower aquarium! ha.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well it is fabulous darling!
I have an idea for my fall arrangement and will get it together soon as I can. Am off work tomorrow but will be power washing decks for the weekend and so not likely to have a moment for playing, but soon as that is finished!!!

Humansville, MO

here the festival
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh
Humansville, MO

one more
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is an expansive fall arrangement elle, you have really been busy with fall planning. Would love to stop by and take a peek and purchase one of those items. Quite a spread you have managed, good luck on the sales.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2008 2:54 PM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Finally got around to mine, it has some type of grasses and some cattails that have started to go to seed I guess??? And of course the lovely zinnias and pine combs from up north where they get very large in Canada and the basket is deerskin! How much more fall can you get? LOL

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is the close view of the zinnias, mum and of course sedum as they all last forever.

South, TX

That is very pretty, Haighr!

Thank you Steven, looking forward to seeing your Autumn arrangement. tee hee!

Hi Sally, Thanks for adding your pretty arrangement. I LOVE your new slate container, it would be nice to see them both side by side!! Great design having a built in vase. I might try to make something like that in the pottery class. Thanks for the idea!!

elle, your stall looks good, hope the sales were great! Thanks for sharing you Autumn festival.

Candee, VERY nice! Love the use of grasses, giving movement. Your pinecones are HUGE!!! gorgeous, what else are you going to do with them????? the close ups of the Zinnas and sedum are invisible but I guess thats just a blonde moment. haha! Thanks for making an Autumn arrangement for us.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Lol, was having a problem with the photos uploading yesterday for some reason, waited and waited and was lucky to get the first one to post. Got tired waiting for the second. So here is another attempt to post it. The pinecombs came from canada and they are huge.

Thumbnail by haighr

Beautiful Autumn colours! I've never seen such big pinecones over here. I have bags of the smaller ones to play with from my Mums garden.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have some tiny pinecombs as well, not sure where I got them. You know how big those northern pines get, well the combs are huge as you can see. I have lots here as well as our property is completely surrounded by pine trees. I used to gather a bunch of them each year and dip in wax and use as fire starters, but got to be a lot more work than I could handle and now we have switched to a gas fireplace here anyway!
Thanks for the compliments, I actually gave this one some thought! LOL

What a good idea for pine cones, it's a shame, I dont have a real fire either!!!!!
Would like to come up with some ideas for our pine cones, I'm sure they could be put to some good use.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have seen them dipped and in a fireside basket just for the fragrance. A mix of them with some holly berries would be pretty at the holidays. I just don't have the time anymore since we have the cabin to sit on the weekends and do that crafty type of thing. Perhaps if I ever retire???

One day!

South, TX

I have this arrangement and others with sunflowers that I bought Sunday. So cheerful!

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh they do bring sunshine indoors! Lovin that dish!

BEAUTIFUL! love the way you arranged them Sally. Thanks so much.
Is that the larger dish? very elegant.
Please bring the 'others' to the cafe, if you get time!!!!!!!

South, TX

Yes, that is the LARGE stone.

Here's another Autumn shades.
Rolled begina leaves filled with nasturtums arranged in a glass vase with small white stones in water. A few cordyline leaves also added.

another view....

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Now that is really neat. I still have to get accoustomed to using the leaves. You have such a great art ability to do that! Great job.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.