(tgif) Ginni Friday

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Ginni Friday, known throughout DG as tgif, passed away suddenly in April 2008.

Ginni lived in Starkville, MS. She actively participated in many Dave's Garden discussion forums, and her favorite was Mid-South Gardening.

Ginni attended several Dave's Garden roudups, and this photo of her was taken by corgimom at a 2006 roundup.

Thumbnail by Joan
West Central, FL(Zone 9b)

Bless Ginni for all the Love and Laughs, she will be missed deeply.

Ripley, MS

Ginni was a wonderfully kind and gentle woman who took very good care of her family.
She will be greatly missed here on Dave's also.
Sandra

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll never forget a thread where Ginni was showing her rocking chairs on her porch and telling everybody to "come on down" and sit a spell (as we say in the South). I posted that none of those chairs were wide enough for my big backside:-) -- well, she quickly went out and took a new picture of a wider rocker and said that she could accomodate whomever... and that I was more than welcome - and she meant it too. She was ever so warm and inviting.

Ginni . . . you will be missed. So glad I finally got to meet your sweet face in person.

Your friend, Bonnie

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

Ginni was such a love. Those that knew her were truely blessed with her friendship.

When Ginni heard in April 2006 that I was making the 4 hour journey down to Starkville MS to take my very ill German Shepherd to the Mississippi Veterinary School, she so kindly offered to meet me there, since it was in her hometown and she knew the area. She stayed with us during the intitial appt with the docs, offering much needed comfort and support, and took me to lunch afterward. And as I had to return home, Ginni even visited my sweet boy every day while he was there, sending me daily reports of his progress. Ginni even did me the very great service of saying goodbye for me when I could not get back in time....whispering to him how much he was loved as he died.

It is with grateful tears that I write this tribute to my friend. I remain eternally grateful for her friendship and will miss her terribly.

I will be sending her husband my very belated but heartfelt condolences. If any of you would like to send him a card or note, I'd be happy to share his address with you pivately. Just dmail me...or email
carol@justfurkids.com

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I never met Ginni face to face but had many conversations with her on Mid-South. I was witness to the wonderful deeds that she did for Carol. She certainly went the extra mile there. So she shall be missed but lovingly remembered by many people she touched here on Dave's.
Cindy

Found a picture of the time I got to meet Ginni. Always wore a "smile".

The sweet lady in the green shirt is our sweet "Ginni".
"TGIF"

Thumbnail by n2birds
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Our hearts ache for you, Ginni. But, I bet you have already made the gardens in heaven more beautiful.

Kim

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Ginni was a great person and so talented she will be greatly missed.

Ruth

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

donna, trois and now ginni. i hadn't talked to her in a while but whenever i did, she brought a huge smile to my face. she was part of the old "blu" gang too and the shay thread. we had some laughs, that's for sure.

Crossville, TN

I had never had the pleasure of meeting Ginni personally...but I have "met" her though lots of her posts....and I do remember when she was so comforting to Justfurkids and her beloved pet...I was very impressed and knew she was a special lady. She will be missed here on DG. Jo

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, Justfurkids, your story speaks volumes of Ginni's good heart!

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, as difficult a time that was for me, she (and my friends here) made it almost bearable.
I can only imagine the pain her husband went thru at his remarkable wife's sudden death.

I sent him a sympathy card and signed it from all Ginni's DavesGarden friends.

Carol

Thanks Carol, for doing that.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I am blown away with this news!!! I'm so sorry but know that Ginni is in a much better place!! I know she will be missed by many here on earth and my thoughts and prayers go out at this time to her family!!!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm shocked and saddened. I really enjoyed her.

Bonnie, I too was remembering the porch and rocking chairs. It's a good memory.

I'm just seeing this for the first time. I too am shocked and saddened. I loved to listen to her tell her stories of her family, her home her rocking chairs and show her many pieces of her cast iron cookware. I'm sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I'll never forget the stories she told over in the "Parking Lot".

Even though this is late, I'm sending prayers to her family and hoping they're healing. Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I was just thinking about her the other day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.