Calla Lily seeds

Otsego, MI(Zone 5b)

I noticed that my calla's have big seed pods inside the spent flowers. When do I harvest them? Then what do I do with them?
Mary

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Mary,
I have a red canna and a yellow, I have already collected some of the seeds, once the pods turn brown (some of mine had already busted open) you can collect them, I just set mine on a small styrfoam plate for a few days and then labeled a small envy and put them in it. I have all the seeds I have collected on my PC desk, once I am done collecting the seeds I will put some in the fridge and I have a container for the ones that won't go in there. The ones I am unsure of, I look up to see if they reseed (those will go in the fridge)

Hope this helped,

Connie

Otsego, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Connie....are Calla's done the same way as Canna's? I planted 30 canna's last year and they didn't do anything. Gave them to a neighbor friend and they are growing and blooming like crazy. I'm done with canna's. My Calla's did great this year.
Thanks so much for the reply,
Mary

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I would assume they would, not sure what the seeds look like on callas tho. I googled calla seed images and this is what I came up with, hope it helps ^_^ http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/garden/archives/calla%20seeds.JPG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.