Anyone Place an Order With RIverview This Season?

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I did a trade order with Riverview Iris Gardens and I still have not recieved my order. I sent his part off in July. I contacted Tony a few weeks ago, and he said that he still had one iris blooming and that orders would probably start going out the end of August. I emailed him again 2 days ago and he had not responded back. I am starting to get concerned since iris need at least 6 weeks for their root systems to be established before the first frost, which here is usually mid to late August. So I am just wondering if anyone recieved their order from them yet. I am also starting to think I have been taken for a ride from them. I find it hard to believe that all of the orders that they get would start going out now.

Raleigh, NC

no idea. But Tony is elderly, and may not jump on computer every day. (in his 70s I think)

Yes, I know he does have health problems, I spoke with Irene today and she said he is not feeling well today, but would try and get the order out today. I have tried in the past to email them and they were emailing me back up until the first of August. So then I started to get concerned. Most sellers tend to stop selling about now. If they get here too late, they may not make it.

Raleigh, NC

hmmm, dmail irisloverdee, or better yet maybe email the folks at Comanche Acres and ask if they think it's too late for your area, or what are the alternatives if they arrive late. I know we pot Blyth's when they arrive in January.

Potting would definately be a good idea, if I even recieve them, that is what upsets me, I sent them my half which was 2 big flat rate boxes full of iris, mid July. Surely in that amount of time they could have dug and shipped them out, they also have about 10 people helping them.. Here's something else, they are in Idaho, they will be getting their winter very soon. You know, I was going to pay for that order, he was the one that approached me about trading. He had told me that they had lost alot of their iris from their move and were trying to regain their stock. To me if they do not ship them out, that is a ROTTEN deal !!!! I will definately warn anyone who is approched by him about trading not to do it if I do not recieve them.

Thank You for reminding me about potting. I did place an order with Blyth last season, but for some reason my post office would not ship them any further than St. Louis, so next year I will be sure and get a tracking number from him. I could make the 45 minute drive to the St. Louis Post Office or just wait until Keith Keppel has them. That is where I managed to find most of them except the new intros.

Are you going to be effected by the Hurricane? Gustav dumped about 2-6 inches of rain on us.

Raleigh, NC

well, the good news is, in their section of Idaho it's not quite so cold so fast. I used to live out there.

Hannah is here right now, that's why I'm up all night. Every time I close an eyeball, it starts raining harder. Have a big dead tree within line of my bedroom - I just can't sleep in there tonight, but couldn't talk DH out of it.

I think that I would be a bit nervous myself with a dead tree over my bedroom. I have a friend that is suppose to be on her way to Hilton Head, I meant to call her and ask her if they are still going.

Rest Easy it will be over soon !!!! Cindy

Raleigh, NC

DH says it's overthis morning - but we are a sopping mess.

I Bet !!!! Our rivers are out of their banks, and if this one brings more rain for us, OH NO!!! Not Again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.