(trois) Trois Helvy

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Trois Helvy, known throughout DG as trois, passed away September 1, 2008 after a short bout with liver cancer. His Grandson, Gabriel, posted this in the General Discussion forum shortly after Trois passed away. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/898576/

Trois lived in Santa Fe, TX, and was a very active Dave's Garden member. He contributed photos, comments and entries to both PlantFiles and BugFiles. His favorite forums were Plant and Tree Identification, Insect and Spider Identification, Fruits and Nuts, Wildlife, and Bird Watching. He also contributed many great photos for discussion on the Photo forum.

Trois will be missed by all of us here at Dave's Garden.

A continuation of this thread can be found here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1140179/

This message was edited Nov 10, 2010 11:17 AM

Thumbnail by Joan
Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I have known trois for quite a few years and met him here at Dave's garden. He was a special person that I will miss so much.
He contributed with his photos, wisdom and wit.
I miss you already.
weeds

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Trois was also my friend and email buddy for the past few years. He made a special trip to one of the Texas RoundUps when he learned I would be there. He was a big man with a big heart and will truly be missed
With love,
Stacey

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

My sincere sympathy to Trois'es family.

Terribly sad news. My condolences to Trois' family and to all who called him friend. This is a very sad loss for Dave's Garden.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

My heart is truely heavy. :( He had such a vast knowledge & I learned so much from him...his beautiful pictures...He will be very much missed.
Thoughts & prayers to family & friends.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this news. Trois was an amazing man, always smiling and with such a gentle heart. I always looked forward to visiting with him at all the roundups that he attended (and it seems like he came to them all).

He once told me a story where he tamed a wild bluejay to come and eat out of his hand. I couldn't believe it but then he actually showed me a picture of the bird eating out of his hand! What an impressive man he was, and what a loss to DG.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i'll always remember trois as the man who started "blu" and gave us a whole year of laughs and silliness. he recently had a birthday but he never mentioned about being sick in our d-mail. i'm so sad to see this thread and so sorry for his family....

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I am so very sorry to hear of Trois' passing. I never had the chance to physically meet him but I felt as if I knew him none the less. He was such a kind man. He will be truely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Rest in Peace dear Trois.

GayLynn

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I am so sorry to hear this. I actually thought about Trois today after reading about a DG friend's fig harvest. Trois was my fruit tree "encourager" here on DG - and I'm for sure going to plant that persimmon tree - now in his honor. I talked to Trois at length at many Central Texas RU's and I learned so much from him about Texas natives, photography, fruit trees, birds etc. Dave - that's a cool story about the bluejay. Birds loved him, too!

My thoughts and prayers are with his dear wife and the rest of his family. He was a fine, dear man who loved to share with all of us on DG

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

I too am deeply sorry about his passing. I have never met him but talked on occasion here and off Dg. A true friend is missed today and heaven a more better place.

Blessings to his faimly

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Oh My God, he was such a nice guy! I'm shocked and very sad to hear of his passing. I looked forward to his pictures of Dragonflies out on his pond, he was so talented and seemed such a gentle soul. My condolences to his family, I will miss him.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

This comes as such a shock. Not that long ago he was bragging about his early persimmon harvest while the rest of us still have green ones. I always looked forward to seeing his posts and his gentle humor. I will miss him and his input here at DG.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, nooo! My sympathies to your family! I had no idea he was sick. :( Trois' photographs were always interesting and I enjoyed hearing about his setup and favorite critters that visited the feeders. He was so knowledgeable about various subjects, a real jack of all trades. I'm so very sorry to hear this news.

Melbourne, FL

So very sorry to hear of this. I will miss his participation in the forums. A big loss for Daves' Garden. My best wishes to his family.

Marlton, NJ

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Trois was a wonderful DG friend and e mail buddy.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

A man with a huge heart, he will be very much missed. Thank you trois for being part of my life, his postings on the Photo Forum encouraged me so much, and I'm sure many others enjoyed his presence here too.

I want his family to know just how special he was, but I think they already know that, his family was very special to him.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I loved Trois, he was so generous, I will never forget the first Rounup I went to on lake Texoma.
He came all the way from south Texas and brought the catfish that he caught from his lake and prepared and cooked for us, it was the most wonderful catfish.
He was a very loving person with a great sense of humor, and also a great photographer.
I will miss him greatly, he will leave a big void in the heart of the DG family.
Josephine.

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

My deepest sympathy to Trois,s family. He was such a great photographer. I never missed a chance to view his photos.He will certainly be missed by all of us.

Dixie

Crossville, TN

Such a sad loss to all of here ...he was so much fun to be around....and his photos were outstanding.

My condolences to his family....Jo

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

We will miss you dear friend...but, we will never forget you.

"eyes"

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Left this world a better place for his having been here.

God bless his family.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Amen! Christi. We all are going to miss Trois dearly.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Very sad news, indeed. Trois contributed so much to DG. I'll never forget one of our first exchanges in which we talked about water moccasins. He told of one falling on him as he stood on a ladder trimming thick vines. Brrrrr!

He also had a sense of humor and caught me in a little trick he played. He spoke of the alligators in his swamps and posted a photo of his 'wife' seated on the dock holding a shotgun and told the story of how she killed one. Later, he dmailed a sort of 'wink' to that story. Never did know if that was really his wife or not. None the less, he was a good story teller.

DG will miss you, Trois.

Debra

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My thoughts and prayers are with Barbara and the extended family. Trois was a great person, story teller, photographer, and nature lover. I met him at a couple of our TX RUs and always remember him as the man that had the long lens camera around his neck. He has contributed so many pictures and thread posts to DG and they will be there for us to read and enjoy later.
I will always remember the pic used at the top of the thread and the story of the bluejay they raised too. Rest in Peace our friend.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I am so shocked and sadened by this news. My condolences to to his family & friends. I only knew him here through his beautiful photos on the Photo and Bird Watching mostly. But he seemed to be a kind, fun and loving soul.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Trois will be missed. I hadn't crossed paths with him in a long time (since DG has grown so large) but he made a lasting impression with his big lens and his big heart. Hugs to his family.

PERTH, Australia

Trois very recently sent me some Pride of Barbados seeds after I admired the photos he posted on DG. He D-mailed me saying it was his mission in life to promote these beautiful plants. I will plant them and nurture them with tears of sadness at his passing.

Sinks Grove, WV

Although I never met him, Trois sounds exactly like the type of person the world needs more of. Too many good people seem to leave this world too soon...

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Deepest sympathies to family and friends. I always marveled at the elaborate setup Trois had for taking bird pictures. We were treated to some of the most wonderful up close "insider" pictures with his remote system.

Will be missed greatly.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Trois will be missed here by myself and so many others. He has touched many of us. I loved the stories he told, the photos he took, the plant knowledge he shared, the kind heart he had. Most of all I loved the big grin always on his face. I am glad I have one of his pride of barbados growing in my yard and I will always remember Tois when I see it.

Goodbye dear friend, you made the earth a better place for your being here with us and nature.

Charlene

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

I only knew Trois through his wonderful photographs, which illuminated his world to me and many others. This is such sad news. My sincere condolences to the whole family.

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

My deepest sympathy to Trois,s family.
He shared alot with us here and will be greatly missed.

(Zone 3b)

I'm so sorry for your loss; deepest sympathy to your family, Gabriel.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

My sympathies to Trois family. I enjoyed his stories and pictures. will be missed.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Deeply saddened by this news. I knew him for years - primarily from the Photos forum, where he contributed so many great shots, as well as advice. Never had the privilege to meet him in person. We shared a number of dmails about our engineering / tech backgrounds. He was just one of the nicest people I have known on DG. He is already missed. My deepest condolences to his family. They were blessed to have Trois in their lives.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Trois would have been very touched that so many remember his contributions here on DG. We will always have a little piece of his heart in his pictures.
Prayers for Barbara and others at this sad time.
Sheila_FW

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I just looked back to my dmails with trois and, ironically, I dmailed him on Sep 1, 2007 - exactly one year before his untimely passing, to ask how he was doing after having some skin cancer surgery.

Trois was one of the engineers working on the NASA Mercury program. That was the ultimate job for an engineer back then.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Toris we miss you already. I met him at my first Texoma Roundup and traded with him. Loved his lake catfish and smile. He inspired me with his photos and knowledge of plants. Bless all of his family they can be proud of him for all that he was. Ted

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

This is such a sad news...my heart is grieving! He was such a wonderful person and I learned so much from him! Did you know he was named Data, when he was working at NASA, after the famous robot in Star trek? I will miss him so much and also his emails and the gorgeous pictures...always so interesting!
Farewell, trois, I will miss you so much. My condoleances to the family.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.