Help!! ID this beauty

Santa Ynez, CA

Does someone know what this beautiful iris is, It came to me unmarked and I just love it, but there are so many like it, thanks

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

here is another shot of it, thanks

Thumbnail by makj
Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

makj, that is beautiful. It looks a lot like 'Colette,' Though Colette seems to be a little on the lavender side. I was interested in the markings on the shoulders. Color can vary in individual plants. Sorry about the photo, but Colette went through a wind storm before it was taken. Do you know where you got it? All of our Bearded Iris are from Cooley's in OR, and I still have 12 years of their catalogs!

Donna

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Santa Ynez, CA

Hi and thanks for the reply, funny I was just on here and there your response was, this sat and sat and no one has
responded, I will look at my cooley's and compare. I got this iris off the internet, several different one's and this was in there with no name, I just love it, it is gorgeous. I just have always wanted to know the name, should I want to get more, I can track it down. many thanks for your input and I will check.
Marie

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

Colette is a light lavender with an orange beard. See below.
This pink appears quite similar to Paradise-see next entry.

Thumbnail by dd95172

Here is a link to "Paradise"
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/35987/

I have a pink iris that I purchased from Amberway Gardens (no longer in business) in 1993 identified as "Paradise" that looks almost identical to those above. See pic.
The AIS checklist info on "Paradise" is:
(J. Gatty, R. 1979) Sdlg. G55-2. TB, 33" (84 cm), ML
S. peach-pink (M&P 9-AB-5); F. slightly creamier peach-pink (9-AB-4); Chinese orange beard tipped paler. Playgirl X (May Dancer x Princess). Keppel 1980

Thumbnail by dd95172

After further review, I believe what you have is "Slipping Away" --R Ernst 2004
My pic below.

Thumbnail by dd95172
Santa Ynez, CA

I will get out the Cooleys and look, thanks

Kingston, NY(Zone 5b)

Sue Ellen by Meek 1983 looks similar. The picture at Blue J Iris is deeper in color than the one in the Plant Files.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.