CLOSED: Have: Complete Hughes Net Internet satellite 7000 system

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I have a complete Hughes net HN7000S internet satellite system, Dish, Pole & modem. It is less than 1 yr old and works perfectly. When we moved to this remote location I had to upgrade to the 9000 system because that was the only satellite that could be accessed from here. They left all the other equipment--only makes sense-- I had to purchase it ($300) outright last year. Only catch is, it will have to be picked up. I would love to trade it for some building materials (ie:windows) or garden related items. Could possibly meet you part way--if my old truck will make it.

Independence, LA(Zone 8b)

I wish we were closer. The thing that has kept me from geting hughes is the initial investment. We pay the same every month for dial-up as we would for satellite. Can I ask how well it works?

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I wish you were closer too, this thing is just too big to ship. I hate that it is just languishing here when someone could use it. The 7000 works good, not as fast as DSL, but beats the pants off dial-up. It would probably work even better if my computer wasn't such a dinosaur. It is definately worth the investment. We signed up almost a year ago in preparation for our move here to the backwoods. When we did, we gave up landline phone so there was no difference in our monthly payment. We cannot get landline phone service here. Well. technically we CAN, but at $1.50 a ft after the first quarter mile--this is cheaper. Since the move, I have the new system and raised my "service package" to the 79.99 level and it is close to DSL for speed. Not sure if it is the equipment or the service package, although the level of service is related to speed. One thing I did find out--Hughes net is very BIG on customer satisfaction and that in itself is worth a lot. They do sell used equipment--so maybe you could save some $$(I've also seen some on eBay).

Independence, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the ebay suggestion I will check it out. I've been on dial-up for 6 years now and cannot go much longer on it. If you don't get any offers on here there is craiglist too.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I thought about hughes net internet service, satalite. but DH said I don't make enough money to pay the monthly fee LOL

said we didn't need internet that much, but every time he gets on the net searching for stuff he has to have for work, he sits here cursing the internet for taking 5 min to load a window. Wish he'd get on more often, we'd have satalite for sure LOL

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Well now that I padi $500 for it , they are now installing it for free, according to an ad on the TV last night. I am MAD.

I also live in the outter Limits and we had to put it next door, glad we own that place to or I would not have internet at all.

Lavina

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Call them--866-774-6580 ask to speak to an escalations person-- then if they can't help you-- have them get you to someone in Executive customer care. You will have to argue with them most likely to get the people you need-- but hang in there--once you get the right person they should make it right. I spent HOURS on the phone-- but in the end-- it was worth it.
Tommie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.