Wichita is a little greener

Moundridge, KS(Zone 6a)

I just had to report on one of the few positive stories out of the city of Wichita, Ks. According to the morning news the city has just reported the purchase of 12 new city cars, I'm sure a rather ordinary event, but this time they purchased Honda Civics...a hybrid that runs on both gas and electricity. The report said that although the initial cost was about $7,000 more than what they usually spend, they are estimating an $8,000 a year savings per car on fuel, plus fewer bad emissons, so are hoping to save the taxpayers some money. WOW!!! How often is government logical. I was just very pleased to see this kind of thinking so thought I'd pass it on. I wish I knew more ways to give positive reinforcement to these kinds of actions.

Kathy

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!