Need GARDEN work done!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Guys,
I am desparately seeking help in my flower gardens! I need weeding done, shrubbery trimmed, transplanting, thinning, soil replenished, mulching. You name it I need it done.

I am trying to find someone I can hire to help me get this done. I am unable to tend to all that I have planted and it is really beginning to look like a jungle out there.

If you know of anyone that is reliable and knows what to do (ie. a weed from a keeper etc.) then please dmail me a name and phone number to contact them.

I had someone a year ago that was working on my beds but she got a full time job and has not been availabe since that time. I have loads of plants to share and will be happy to pay $$ per hour or per day etc. I just cannot find anyone to do the work!

Thanks so much!!!!
Janet

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey Janet, I feel your pain. I have a jungle out there too but no money to pay for help.

Hope you find someone to help you!

Brenda

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Brenda!

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Janet, I am leaving for FL on Wed. and staying about a week. When I get back, I might be able to bring you a couple of teenagers for a Saturday or Sunday. They dont always know whats a weed and whats a keeper but they know the advanced basics. They know how to trim and plant. They are professionals at moving soil and mulching.

chris

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Chris, that would be great. Maybe we can work something out then. I will have to get some soil and mulch too, so we will have to work that out with my son in law and son who have access to trucks..lol

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Janet, this has been an ongoing problem for us with my Mother's place since my dad, the gardener, passed away. He spent 30-40 hours a week in his yard.

The best thing that has worked so far is Mother called in on the local radio station's program for such things, saying she needed gardening help, weeding, etc. She got several responses including 2 older couples. One of them was quite good and worked reasonable $.

We did find a local young man with a part time lawn service to do the mowing and weed-whacking.

Good luck!

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Perhaps try putting an ad on Craig's List? this is the link for GA:
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/ga

JoAnn

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Gosh, I bet a motivated landscape design/architect student from UGA who needs work would kill for an opportunity to show their talent and earn some extra bucks. Many schools or individual departments have job bulletin boards. I'd call or email the department.
Laurel

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh Janet, if I only lived closer, sweetie I'd work like a Trojan for you. You know that. I think Laurel has hit the nail on the head. Do you know Jason at UGA, or Dr. Dirr even? Donna has his number. Bet he could find you help or point you in the right direction.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh I love that idea!!! I would love to find someone that could use my garden as an "experiment" lol I had a horticulturalist tell me it would be a wonderful place for them to do the testing for learning the names of different plants...she said I have so many it would be great for them to learn them all by site and smell etc. I have never thought of calling UGA I live right next door to their arboretum, it actually backs right up to my property in the back.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Georgia_Campus_Arboretum
So maybe I can find someone that would like to do that...wouldn't that be awesome!!! Numbers to anyone that can hook me up with someone like that would be very appreciated!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://warnell.forestry.uga.edu/warnell/tmf/index.html another link about the property.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have 2 friends at church that work at UGA (husband and wife), I'll see if they have any info.

Susan

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Just for other gardeners and gardening options, here is a creative alternative...

Our DD is in grad school in D.C.. She loves to garden (what a surprise, lol) but is living in a group house with a yard that is shady. Several blocks away, two members of Emma's Revolution, a touring band, have a house and yard with garden space. She has agreed to plant and maintain a good sized back yard, city garden plot, in return for most of the produce. She is so excited. Lots of Fall garden planting and calling for advice on organic critter control. It's so cute and she is learning so much! What a great opportunity for her.
Laurel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.