Arnold Arboretum Plant Sale

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The Arnold Arboretum Plant Sale is coming up! If you join, they give you a free plant at this sale.. I just got the beautiful catalog today. It is on Sept. 21 at the Arboretum. I can't wait! They have an unusual Hosta, tsushimensis, which I want some of and several lilacs, of course. I also want a bit of the Sisyrinchium angustifolium or blue eyed grass. Love it actually. I will see what else appeals to me!

Martha

Wayland, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Martha thanks or th head up that sounds ike a good one . Have you ever gone to the Tower Hill gardeners emporium sale? that is one september 6th . I have gone several years and it is really nice . there are lots of vendors and plant societies ( including the hosta society) that sell their wares I have gotten some cool plants there laura

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Martha! Remind me - maybe even if I don't go, we can have a cup of tea or something. I live about 3 miles away! (I don't have much space for those size plants , but I've been meaning to write a DG article anyway.)

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Dear Carrie,
Would love to have tea with you once the locusts have descended and flown on. I looked at the hosta and the small lilac because they were small!
You can always look at mine!
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Locusts! Oh, you mean the hoi polloi.... I have a Lilac Sensation which is still quite small, but which didn't get run over! But I looked at theirs this May, and it gets pretty big. So maybe I should trade it away for something more petite - Miss Kim?

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Miss Kim stays pretty compact I have three of them. I also have a pink called Tinkerbell, but that seems to grow a lot faster than the miss Kim, though it is equally fragrant.
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Three of them! I don't think I have three of any one thing! I'm sure I'm wrong, but nothing as big as a shrub! We have a dwarf flowering almond as a major specimen tree. It's about 2 ft. high.

Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.