How to get rid of a nasty Troyan spy in your PC ?

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

I'm having some trouble with a slowed down computer for a couple of weeks. And its getting worse and worse..
I've done everything I'm supposed to do when that happens, like cleaning up temp. Files, running virus-programmes, defragmentation, scanning by anti-spy programmes, registry cleaning by RegCure, eliminating not-used software programmes etc..

When I run Spybot it takes ages and blocks somewhere in the middle of the scan getting stuck and kind of freezes.
I noticed that it get stuck when it comes to the files which have names like Virtumonde.dll.
Now I found out that this is a troyan which is very hard to remove. I tried to download a free removal programme called Vundo Fix 6.5.10 but don't manage to get it installed ...

Anyone has an idea how to get rid of this nasty spy?

Perhaps I'll have to go to the heart of the computer and remove it manually....

This thread has 39 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!